Limitless thoughts on XLX2 placement Limitless V1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I'm considering upgrading the MMX8S to an XLX2 and wanted to know thoughts on ESC placement.
I see that the V2 receiver box can be used on the V1 which will give me some space if I cut the V1 battery box. However, my CNHL Racing batteries won't fit anymore. The other option is to purchase a center brace with the small platform but it looks like that would be very tight for the the body, maybe little or no airflow AND it would raise the CG.

Opinions on this?????

IIRC some people remove the rx box to gain more space. I bought a center brace mount for mine. Haven't installed it yet though.

I did see some of the threads but most were solutions oriented. What I'm really asking is what's the preferred solution? ie does center mount restrict airflow to ESC and does it matter? Does raising the CG make a difference? are speed runners ok with batteries less than 158 mm in length? And if so, which batteries are they using?

I know these are the options but I wanted to find out if there were unintended consequences....

I did see some of the threads but most were solutions oriented. What I'm really asking is what's the preferred solution? ie does center mount restrict airflow to ESC and does it matter? Does raising the CG make a difference? are speed runners ok with batteries less than 158 mm in length? And if so, which batteries are they using?

I know these are the options but I wanted to find out if there were unintended consequences....
I use SMC-SRD V1 3S packs and they're 130mm. They're fab.

I think once you remove the stock rx box/servo frame, add a separate Servo mount ,and a custom bracket to allow you to attach the receiver to the center brace ,this should then give you the needed room you're looking for..

Raising the CG will increase your laptimes by 3%, but it will go equally straight. I think rc cars often have a pretty low cg compared to real cars for example.
If CG is really important to you one could also measure or calculate the difference and if it has an impact. But its probably not worth it :LOL:

Are you trying to keep the motor in the stock location? If not, there’s plenty of room for the XLX2 when you flip the motor mount:

E8E3B5B1-2879-450F-AD37-CC8FBEF5A765.jpeg

yeah, I'd like to run motor in the stock location with 2 battery trays with room for my 3S 6200maH CNHLs which are 160mm (and I just bought some 9500's which are 170mm). But the space in the stock form is pretty limited (pun intended, haha) so maybe I'll put ESC on the pan and get shorter batteries....

Looks like a capacitor. Could be wrong though.

Yeah, when you’re not limited by space no reason to wire a bunch of small caps in parallel :). Just get one with sufficient voltage handling and enough capacitance to prevent sagging.
Not really if you've ever seen car audio capacitors.
View attachment 257887

Now you’re going to make me dig my Rockford Fosgate Punch amps and JL Audio subwoofers out of the basement…

Speed runners run straight with not much technical driving/steering L-R at all. Where CoG matters most
So a center mounted ESC placed to higher CoG is not that tragic running straight.
You can vent the top of the Lim. body above the XLX2 ESC fan if need be. The Center brace is notched lower at center to garner space for the ESC. I think Raz did that before.:unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back