Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Three esc fan blowers has a problem

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Kratonage, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Kratonage

Kratonage Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Outcast, Talion, Typhon
    Just went thru 3 blx esc fans and within a few jumps THEY ALL wound up with one missing fan blade causing a loud humming noise. Anyone else experienced this issue before?:confused:

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

I wonder if you can add a spacer between the fan and the ESC to give the blades a bit more room?

3. Kratonage

Kratonage Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Outcast, Talion, Typhon

I bought another esc fan from my lhs. Im gonna try to install a spacer for it. Thanks woodie!!!

4. K4L4M1TY

K4L4M1TY Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Voltage
    Same thing here. Broken fan blade.

5. olds97_lss

olds97_lss Premium Member!
    Premium Member

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/frequent-esc-fan-blade-breakage.6865/#post-66849

Yes. Posted the same issue the other day to see what people thought of. Kind of wish it was my truck, then I could tear it down and look at things more closely to see what the issue is.

I have 4 of my own electric trucks and have been running them hard for over a year in all the spots my buddy and I bash. I have yet to have a fan break on me. 2 traxxas and 2 castle. Only one has a motor fan (castle), but it's also been fine regardless of the abuse. He's been through 3 or 4 fans in a little over a month. $12 for a fan isn't bad... unless you have to buy 10 of them. lol

6. K4L4M1TY

K4L4M1TY Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Voltage
    Yep it's looking that way, I don't want to have to buy 10 just to make sure I'm not out of luck randomly breaking them here and there. Seems like another issue exclusive to Arrma. Probably due to their use of this fan that looks to be a cheap chinese ebay item.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer