Three esc fan blowers has a problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratonage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Just went thru 3 blx esc fans and within a few jumps THEY ALL wound up with one missing fan blade causing a loud humming noise. Anyone else experienced this issue before?:confused:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/frequent-esc-fan-blade-breakage.6865/#post-66849

Yes. Posted the same issue the other day to see what people thought of. Kind of wish it was my truck, then I could tear it down and look at things more closely to see what the issue is.

I have 4 of my own electric trucks and have been running them hard for over a year in all the spots my buddy and I bash. I have yet to have a fan break on me. 2 traxxas and 2 castle. Only one has a motor fan (castle), but it's also been fine regardless of the abuse. He's been through 3 or 4 fans in a little over a month. $12 for a fan isn't bad... unless you have to buy 10 of them. lol

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/frequent-esc-fan-blade-breakage.6865/#post-66849

Yes. Posted the same issue the other day to see what people thought of. Kind of wish it was my truck, then I could tear it down and look at things more closely to see what the issue is.

I have 4 of my own electric trucks and have been running them hard for over a year in all the spots my buddy and I bash. I have yet to have a fan break on me. 2 traxxas and 2 castle. Only one has a motor fan (castle), but it's also been fine regardless of the abuse. He's been through 3 or 4 fans in a little over a month. $12 for a fan isn't bad... unless you have to buy 10 of them. lol

Yep it's looking that way, I don't want to have to buy 10 just to make sure I'm not out of luck randomly breaking them here and there. Seems like another issue exclusive to Arrma. Probably due to their use of this fan that looks to be a cheap chinese ebay item.

Same thing happened to me a couple days ago. Landed a big jump at the skatepark pretty flat and the chassis hit the ground. Broke one blade off the fan. I glued it back on and it works again. Anyone know whether the fan is measured by the size of the fan itself or the outer casing? so I can buy a new one.

Good luck, the BLX185 uses an odd ball 35mm x 10mm size and if it hadn't been for an outstanding member of this forum selling me one he had laying around awhile back, I'd have been faced with making a custom bracket to hold a 30mm or 40mm aftermarket replacement

Excellent find!
I'm buying another one as a backup now.

Same thing happened to me a couple days ago. Landed a big jump at the skatepark pretty flat and the chassis hit the ground. Broke one blade off the fan. I glued it back on and it works again. Anyone know whether the fan is measured by the size of the fan itself or the outer casing? so I can buy a new one.
Mine broke when i was on flat ground, i was just out doing a shakedown run to make sure the car was running fine for a weekend meetup with our local facebook rc group, as the day before the fan broke one of the countersunk nylock nuts on the steering rack came off, luckily my buddy had a replacement for that. So now 3 consecutive runs and something has gone wrong: the nut came off from jumping, the fane blade broke and on Sunday whilst trying to race around a track with small jumps my servo stripped out. Not looking like it's living up to the brand slogan of 'built tough'. Built fast maybe but i still couldn't match the handling of my buddys hpi trophy truggy with castle mamba max 2 setup. But i'm putting that down to his better hpi tyres with pin style tread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back