Three skate parks, four days, one video.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great video! I like the editing work.
I desperately need a better computer and need to learn about editing videos. I told my son, maybe he can learn that stuff and teach me ;)

-Liberty
Thanks! If I had more time, I could do so much more. Better transitions, special effects and so much more. Just takes so long to cut down video to where it makes a decent 4 to 6 minutes that will still be entertaining. Buying a subscription to Cyberlink Power Director 17 was a huge help, but it could still be done using only free available software. Gotta give my 88 subscribers their money's worth????

Thanks! If I had more time, I could do so much more. Better transitions, special effects and so much more. Just takes so long to cut down video to where it makes a decent 4 to 6 minutes that will still be entertaining. Buying a subscription to Cyberlink Power Director 17 was a huge help, but it could still be done using only free available software. Gotta give my 88 subscribers their money's worth????
For being on YouTube just 1 year that isn't bad.
I found to get more subscribers you have to appeal to larger audiences. (Kraton videos get you 10 to 20, doing speed runs might get you another 10+, Traxxas videos get you 10 to 20, Car repairs 10 to 20 etc.)

In general RC stuff is not as popular. My old hobbies netted more views (Sports cars and custom ATVs)

I suppose if you really wanted to kill it and make money on YouTube it would be video game footage and reviews. Anything the kids are into is where the money is at!

-Liberty

Last edited:
Great video! I like the editing work.
I desperately need a better computer and need to learn about editing videos. I told my son, maybe he can learn that stuff and teach me ;)

-Liberty
I think I just said the exact same thing.

For being on YouTube just 1 year that isn't bad.
I found to get more subscribers you have to appeal to larger audiences. (Kraton videos get you 10 to 20, doing speed runs might get you another 10+, Traxxas videos get you 10 to 20, Car repairs 10 to 20 etc.)

In general RC stuff is not as popular. My old hobbies netted more views (Sports cars and custom ATVs)

View attachment 47475

I suppose if you really wanted to kill it and make money on YouTube it would be video game footage and reviews. Anything the kids are into is where the money is at!

-Liberty
All you really need is a Lambo

Don't we all? When my wife got me a gift for our 9 year anniversary it was to drive any sports car at Motor Sports Ranch Cresson. I chose the McLaren 570 S over the Lambo...

-Liberty

LOL! And no interest of going home with a truck that still drives!

Nice footage. I was itching to see you go in the half pipe area in the back left of that first one and launching out of the big bowl into the grass of the last one.

I used to put music over mine, but I like hearing what's going on too much when I rewatch them later myself. I use PD16, the version you just pay for once. Still works ok for what I do, but I don't mess around with all it can do, that's for sure.

FWIW, for editing, I have it down covert to a more editable format when I first get home, then I go back and edit after that's done, which is usually a few hours. Trying to edit the original footage without down converting causes a lot of lag/stalling on my pc. When editing, I load in the videos I want to be part of it in the timeline, then after adjusting the key mapping for marking/splitting, I roll through all the footage and use keyboard hot keys to navigate/mark/split. Just recently found ctrl+F which ffwd's x2 x4 x8. That really made zipping through footage go a lot faster for the first draft. I mark the sections I want to remove, then after going through all of it and splitting, I ctrl+click each section I marked and delete/close up the gaps all at once. Then I go through again to get rid of excessive duplicates (hitting the same jump 10 times in a row is fun to do, but gets old to watch), then again to see where I want to do slowmo/zooms. I'm a lot quicker than I was. Used to take me 3-4 hours to crank out 2 or 3 4-6 minute videos. Now I can usually bang through it all in an hour. Keyboard short cuts make it go so much faster. Editing two streams for onboard takes longer.

LOL! And no interest of going home with a truck that still drives!

Nice footage. I was itching to see you go in the half pipe area in the back left of that first one and launching out of the big bowl into the grass of the last one.

I used to put music over mine, but I like hearing what's going on too much when I rewatch them later myself. I use PD16, the version you just pay for once. Still works ok for what I do, but I don't mess around with all it can do, that's for sure.

FWIW, for editing, I have it down covert to a more editable format when I first get home, then I go back and edit after that's done, which is usually a few hours. Trying to edit the original footage without down converting causes a lot of lag/stalling on my pc. When editing, I load in the videos I want to be part of it in the timeline, then after adjusting the key mapping for marking/splitting, I roll through all the footage and use keyboard hot keys to navigate/mark/split. Just recently found ctrl+F which ffwd's x2 x4 x8. That really made zipping through footage go a lot faster for the first draft. I mark the sections I want to remove, then after going through all of it and splitting, I ctrl+click each section I marked and delete/close up the gaps all at once. Then I go through again to get rid of excessive duplicates (hitting the same jump 10 times in a row is fun to do, but gets old to watch), then again to see where I want to do slowmo/zooms. I'm a lot quicker than I was. Used to take me 3-4 hours to crank out 2 or 3 4-6 minute videos. Now I can usually bang through it all in an hour. Keyboard short cuts make it go so much faster. Editing two streams for onboard takes longer.
I'm starting to learn short cuts and thanks for the tips.

That was a great video! I'll just repost my YouTube comment ?

You driving has improved tremendously!! That was some great stuff, Johnny!??? I wish I had a skate park like those near me. You were killing it! Awesome video! ????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back