Infraction Throttle and steering not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellegoertz05

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was just driving normally with my arrma infraction v2. I was warming up the tires and suddenly the steering and throttle stopped working, the handbrake still works. I opened up the car and I saw that one battery connector had came loose. I always plug in my battery’s correctly and the car worked before that for like 10 minutes. And now after a day the steering and throttle still don’t work, but the handbrake is fine. When I turn the front wheels, the servo resets itself and the steering works for a second, so I don’t think the servo is dead and sometimes when I move the car, it resets it self and starts counting the cells and then I also have throttle for a second. Because of that I think that the servo and motor are fine. Also after the startup, the ECS doesn’t blink red or green and it doesn’t make a noise.
The car does the same with different battery’s

Have you checked the receiver and made sure that all of the wires are plugged in? I would assume so because it sounds like everything works for a moment. I would check your low voltage cut on the esc. Other than that I think its a receiver or ESC problem. Hopefully this helps.

could be a servo gone bad which is shorting out the BEC, check that before ordering a new ESC

unplug the servos from the receiver and see if the ESC comes back to life. then plug one servo in at a time and see which one kills it.

could be a servo gone bad which is shorting out the BEC, check that before ordering a new ESC

unplug the servos from the receiver and see if the ESC comes back to life. then plug one servo in at a time and see which one kills it.
Yeah I wouldn't order anything until the problem is identified.

I'd like to know how you figured that out?
Been through 7 esc's between my Felony and infraction v2. Same issue esc resets when throttle is pulled. And been through 3 servos.

Have you checked the receiver and made sure that all of the wires are plugged in? I would assume so because it sounds like everything works for a moment. I would check your low voltage cut on the esc. Other than that I think its a receiver or ESC problem. Hopefully this helps.
All the wires are plugged in, how do I Check the low voltage cut?

I would try another esc and see if that corrects everything. I keep a spare thanks to this issue alone. Although HH assures me these latest version of the esc is some how better then the rest.

I would try another esc and see if that corrects everything. I keep a spare thanks to this issue alone. Although HH assures me these latest version of the esc is some how better then the rest.
i don’t have a spare ECS for the Infraction , the only ESC that I have is for my slash 2wd vxl

I do but I run a Hobbywing ESC so it's a little different. I think it's similar please correct me if I'm wrong. Turn on the ESC with the set button held down to enter programming and wait for the section of LVC. I'm not sure how many beeps it is though for a Spectrum ESC.

I do but I run a Hobbywing ESC so it's a little different. I think it's similar please correct me if I'm wrong. Turn on the ESC with the set button held down to enter programming and wait for the section of LVC. I'm not sure how many beeps it is though for a Spectrum ESC.
When I try that the ESC keeps blinking red and makes a noise at each blink until I turn it off.

(it blinks 7 times) I forgot to turn on the transmitter

I unplugged the servo and the throttle and the handbrake works. Do you guys think the servo is broken?

I have lost steering and ESC is bad, I have had steering and the ESC is bad. I crashed because the esc and steering went. ARRMA / HH still owe me a body due to this 8 months now on back order. Based on my esc issues it is bad.

Do you guys think I need to buy a new servo or a new ESC? I hope that the servo is gone, because the ESC is 3 times as expensive

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back