Throttle issues

Thread starter #1

WTF MIKE

Arrma RC's
Outcast
I’m having issues when I run 6s on outcast. As I’m driving it it will by itself go full throttle for a second or two enough to wheelie and do back flips. It’s out of control especially when jumping. I’m thinking my esc is failing. Any ideas?

2fast4u

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Kraton
You could try re-binding and re-setting your parameters but it may not help. My BLX started doing stupid stuff not long after it got wet once.

Thread starter #3

WTF MIKE

Arrma RC's
Outcast
And that’s when it started with me. So I need a new esc. What’s a better upgrade?

Paultro84

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Outcast
And that’s when it started with me. So I need a new esc. What’s a better upgrade?
The Max6 just barely fits in. You'll need to turn your center body support around. But I it's been very reliable and the price was good. I think I paid $125 or $150 for it.

2fast4u

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Kraton
I run a Max 8 v3 w/1600 kv 4082 and it's been flawless. Castle MMX is also a good product. If you intend on using a larger can in the future then as Paultro84 said, a Max 6 would definitely be the way to go.

RCROD

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Talion
I’m having issues when I run 6s on outcast. As I’m driving it it will by itself go full throttle for a second or two enough to wheelie and do back flips. It’s out of control especially when jumping. I’m thinking my esc is failing. Any ideas?
Before getting a new ESC, check your throttle trim on your radio, as it possibly could have moved accidentally. If it moved just a bit, hopefully it might be the cause of this, and you just need to adjust the trim back slightly (in neutral).

Thread starter #7

WTF MIKE

Arrma RC's
Outcast
Before getting a new ESC, check your throttle trim on your radio, as it possibly could have moved accidentally. If it moved just a bit, hopefully it might be the cause of this, and you just need to adjust the trim back slightly (in neutral).
Thank you I will check that as it is very possible it moved cause I put it in a tool bag along with my sons stampede remote

RCROD

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Talion
I have no idea but it doesn’t do it anymore. It could be re learning the throttle. That’s all I’ve done so far
Mike, I gather the throttle trim had "NOT" accidentally moved in your tool bag? If not, was it possibly the battery connector not 100% connected that time possibly?

Thread starter #11

WTF MIKE

Arrma RC's
Outcast
Mike, I gather the throttle trim had "NOT" accidentally moved in your tool bag? If not, was it possibly the battery connector not 100% connected that time possibly?
Very possible cause shortly after that I had to spread the connectors male ends. The connections were very lose