Senton Throttle not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rameez K A

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hi Again Everyone,

Yesterday while bashing in the desert, my senton Mega just gave up. The throttle (Forward and reverse) is not working but my servo is responding.ie When I press front and back in my transmitter the esc just blink red and nothing else happens ( motor no response) however while turning right and left in the transmitter,the servo works and my tyres turn. First I thought it might be cos my motor was overheated. But today I checked again and same issue. Can someone help. Is it a problem with binding. Or is my motor busted.

Thanks

What battery are you using? If you are using the included NiMH pack you have to make sure the ESC jumper is set to NiMH mode and not LiPO.

The brushed motors of the Mega lineup are pretty unreliable. I used to get as little as 8 or 10 runs before the smoke got out, especially in a sandy environment. You can test it by unplugging in from the esc and touching the leads to a 9v battery.

The ESC jumper is on Nimh and using a Nimh 8.4 volt batt, also tried doing the binding as instructed in the manual. Again the servo is working.

I tried interchanging the servo cable and the throttle cable in the reciever and checked and again the servo was working and not motor.

@Jeremy in WI - I have removed the motor and will check if it's working. This was my second run of the car ,I hope it's not busted.

The ESC jumper is on Nimh and using a Nimh 8.4 volt batt, also tried doing the binding as instructed in the manual. Again the servo is working.

I tried interchanging the servo cable and the throttle cable in the reciever and checked and again the servo was working and not motor.

@Jeremy in WI - I have removed the motor and will check if it's working. This was my second run of the car ,I hope it's not busted.
Sounds like you did everything correctly. What is the voltage of your battery?

The brushed motors of the Mega lineup are pretty unreliable. I used to get as little as 8 or 10 runs before the smoke got out, especially in a sandy environment. You can test it by unplugging in from the esc and touching the leads to a 9v battery.
Ran the stock brushed motor through at least a dozen multiple hour runs (on lipo 2s) and I still have it. I did move it to my 2wd ECX AMP MT (along with the Senton's original electronics) and it is still running strong on 2s...I think maybe you were putting too much voltage through them? Those motors really cannot handle prolonged running over 7.4v, even at 8.4 that's pushing the limits of what wound wire can handle. That said, I highly doubt this is the motor.

I had all sorts of issues running on NIHM batteries, if you have any 2s lipo, change the jumper and try those, I had MUCH better results...out of the box on NIHM was not a fun experience :(

@NewSensei I haven't run it much, it was just my second week. I have 2 batteries, one is a stock 8.4 volt Nimh and another one I purchased a hrb 2s lipo 6000mah 60c. And ya I change the esc jumper accordingly as per the battery used.

@Outcastblxnut I have removed the motor from the car and will show it to a local hobby store to see if it's working. And as you mentioned how do you calibrate the esc after rebinding

@NewSensei I haven't run it much, it was just my second week. I have 2 batteries, one is a stock 8.4 volt Nimh and another one I purchased a hrb 2s lipo 6000mah 60c. And ya I change the esc jumper accordingly as per the battery used.
Does it run any better/at all on lipo? Mine had issues running on NIMH right out of the box...even with the included battery but lipo was a vastly different experience...you can test your motor SUPER easily, connect the motor leads directly to a battery and if it's working it'll spin up in which case there's something wrong with the ESC, either needs recalibration or replacement ;)

@Outcastblxnut I have removed the motor from the car and will show it to a local hobby store to see if it's working. And as you mentioned how do you calibrate the esc after rebinding
look at the throttle setup part. I can’t find calibration maybe someone who has one will chime in

Attachments

• 5C484C98-73B8-4E55-A8E3-0A2E5A070979.png
    5C484C98-73B8-4E55-A8E3-0A2E5A070979.png
    616.2 KB · Views: 233
I did check the motor and it's working fine. So the only problem could be my ESC as it's not giving the throttle to the motor. A red light blinks when I try it. Anything to be done in this case?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back