Throttle problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aflan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Hello all,

I have a problem and I don't know where to look anymore...The problem is as follow's;

When I drive after about 10 minutes the throttle becomes erratic...It goes down and then up again to normal...For no apparent reason...The ESC and Engine are not warm... :eek:

I checked and switched the lipo...I renewed the batteries in the transmitter...I checked the setting on the ESC...I checked the wiring...Diff is okay (a good change to do a check up/clean up/refill)... o_O

We are talking about a Mojave...With the standard BLX 3600kV engine...a EZrun Hobbywing WP-80A ESC... :cool:

Any suggestions on what to check next?...I am a bit baffled...:oops:

Thx for you jokes, tips, hints or even better, a working diagnoses and solution... :)

TaDa...

Erik
aka Aflan

First thing that comes up with me is try a different esc.
Problem is that most people don't have an spare esc at home.
But since im not a technical expert, i will leave the advices to our techboys :)

Hi

Check to make sure you have the voltage cut off set right on the ESC.

@TheJoker :Was thinking about switching out my Novak controller from my E-maxx...Just need to see if the specs hold up/I don't wreck it...Thx, good tip...
@ajdragon :What would you consider the right setting?...Its a 3 volt per cell right now...But I don't think that's the issue ...Mostly because the throttle goes up and down...Even with a new battery...None the less will I check this...Thx...

Later,

Erik
aka Aflan

For a start,the LVC is far too low,re-set it 3.4V/cell or you'll seriously damage the lipo's. The only other thing that springs to mind,is that you may have a poor connector on the ESC,(possibly a 'dry' solder joint),I say this because you changed over the batteries,and the ESC is the common factor. Other things to look at are,the 'punch' start mode;timing & overheat protection settings.

Okay, update...I have solderd the connectors again...I checked the ESC, measured it through...Cleaned the Mojave so much its own mother wont recognize it...:cool:

...Start up Public Service Message: Pun intended since its Mothers-day, so get your ass behind that F******** computer and do something nice for your better half or mother...

So I went bashing this afternoon...And the problem persisted....:eek:
It even became worse...And finally, it died on me...:oops:
So, I am thinking its my engine...:rolleyes:
Question: Can I open it up and check inside...Or do I need to buy a new one?.......:confused:

As always, any jokes, tips, solutions or money is very welcome...Thx in Advance...:D

Groetjes,

Erik
aka Aflan

And update time again...o_O
I got a friend crazy enough to let me disassemble his SCT so I could use his engine to test my theory that it is the engine who's kaput...I was wrong...It is the ESC...After a little time driving the problems started again.......:confused:
Not being able to go full speed...Throttle cutting off...And finally, dying totally.......:oops:
I have no idea what so ever what causes this...The ESC does not feel hot in anyway...I cant see any damage...

Suggestions anybody?.......:(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back