Vorteks Throttle Response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mile High Redneck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
Merry Chrismas everyone!

Just got my kiddo the Vorteks, and at slow speeds the throttle is choppy, meaning if you hold low throttle, the car will not maintain speed. Is this normal? I've calibrated the transmitter to ESC and centered the throttle trim. Is this because of the brake trim being to high possibly?

It is probably cogging. That's what sensorless brushless motors do when you barely touch the throttle. It's normal.
Yeah I thought the same thing. But this is at 1/4 throttle running around 10 ish mph. I've never had a DX3 transmitter (only Futaba), so it's very likely just the trans/receiver. Just going to run it, he'll get used to it.

Yeah I thought the same thing. But this is at 1/4 throttle running around 10 ish mph. I've never had a DX3 transmitter (only Futaba), so it's very likely just the trans/receiver. Just going to run it, he'll get used to it.
Vorteks comes with an 18t pinion, so it tends to cog at low throttle like that. It also has a gyro, which will make it choppy at low throttle turns. I put in in a 15t pinion on mine, like what comes with the granite, big rock and typhon, (just 5 bucks on jennysrc.com) and it stopped that issue as well as calmed it down a bit. The gyro is nice but I turned mine off and the low speed turning chatter stopped. Maybe try turning it down some (first knob on right side of transmitter).

The dx3 transmitter and receivers are pretty good so it’s not that.

Vorteks comes with an 18t pinion, so it tends to cog at low throttle like that. It also has a gyro, which will make it choppy at low throttle turns. I put in in a 15t pinion on mine, like what comes with the granite, big rock and typhon, (just 5 bucks on jennysrc.com) and it stopped that issue as well as calmed it down a bit. The gyro is nice but I turned mine off and the low speed turning chatter stopped. Maybe try turning it down some (first knob on right side of transmitter).

The dx3 transmitter and receivers are pretty good so it’s not that.
yep - Same here. Very good advice. You'also get much better run times on a 15T

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back