Typhon Throttle, reverse and wheel alignment questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaGô

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
hi, folks! new to the forum, new to RC cars and just received a RTR Typhon V3 from Omnimodels. i read through the manual. initial bench test ok except a few concerns:

• throttle trim on the Tactic TTX300 came out of the box left of center (around 7 o'clock position). most i've seen/read in the manual and other posts say it should be dead center (6 o'clock position), but when i do that, the car starts moving forward. do i leave it alone or calibrate? throttle forward response doesn't appear buggy.
  • throttle reverse response is buggy. the ESC is factory set to throttle/brake/reverse on the throttle trigger. at times, the Typhon LAUNCHES IN REVERSE FULL SPEED WITH JUST A SLIGHT PUSH OF THE TRIGGER FROM NEUTRAL WITHOUT ENGAGING REVERSE WITH THE REMOTE. surely this isn't right. trying to replicate it is inconsistent, but usually it occurs when the trigger is neutral and the car is completely stopped. but even then with the car completely stopped, i have been able to successfully perform variable speed reversal. i understand trigger forward twice to engage reverse is normal operation, but the intermittent full speed reverse with minimal trigger movement WITHOUT ENGAGING REVERSE is really concerning. do i have a faulty ESC?
  • i noticed front wheel toe alignment out of the box is outwards. it seems too much to me visually (but i'm a noob). i understand this provides more stable turning performance (at the cost of faster tread wear), but is this normally how the RTR Typhon comes from the factory? (and oddly, no turnbuckle tool included?!)
such a blast on 6S! thanks in advance for answers and recommendations.

Attachments

• Typhon V3.jpg
    Typhon V3.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
For the "front wheel toe alignment shooting outwards", both my typhon and outcast came like that. Dosent affect driving at all imo. But I still adjusted them straight just so it dosent look retarded! Running next to the a-arm just below, there is a tie rod (not sure what this piece is actually called) that can be adjusted using a wrench or pliers.

For throttle u can just set the rc on top of a shoe box so wheels move freely. Just turn on transmitter, then buggy, then set wherever the wheels stop spinning. Who cares where it's set from factory.

As far as the buggy taking off in reverse. Hopefully the settings in the esc just need to be adjusted. Someone else can maybe offer some help there.

Bc u are saying if I'm reading correctly, that ur buggy takes off in reverse when u hit forward throttle only sometimes???
Bc if it acted this way 100% of the time well then most likely an easy fix

Same thing happens to my new Typhon! The other day had it on my truck bed, turned the transmitter on and car took off in reverse full throttle. I'm also a newbie to RC, got a Kratonv3 and a Typhoon v3 for my boys. But I end up fighting with them for my turn. This things are amazing! Guess I'm getting a third one!

I am a new arrma owner so please forgive my noob question. Is it common for the rear wheels to be aligned inward? I wasnt sure if this was common with Arrma Big Rock or something is wrong. I literally just pulled it out of the box and I'm like this cant be right.

Lol, yes it’s common. It’s called toe in (or tow in idk) and it helps the truck put the power down better. It’s by design, every rc I’ve owned had some rear toe in.

As for the OP with his front alignment, here’s the basics, (you had it right)

Wheels facing outward= snappier steering but harder to drive in a straight line. Wheels perfectly straight is really the worst of both worlds, and wheels slightly inward (a tiny bit, like 2 degrees max) makes the truck really good for straight lines, doing this you’ll realize the truck tends to drive itself without you needing to do corrections.

Edit: I run my revo with about half a degree of toe in on the front so I can line up jumps better... it came with 3 or do degrees toe out in the front and although the steering was a little better back then, I like my current setup.

Lol, yes it’s common. It’s called toe in (or tow in idk) and it helps the truck put the power down better. It’s by design, every rc I’ve owned had some rear toe in.

Wheels facing outward= snappier steering but harder to drive in a straight line. Wheels perfectly straight is really the worst of both worlds, and wheels slightly inward (a tiny bit, like 2 degrees max) makes the truck really good for straight lines, doing this you’ll realize the truck tends to drive itself without you needing to do corrections.

Thanks!

Hello my fellow Arrma owners. Ran my Typhon 3s BLX just fine on the road for the first time at the park and had a blast. While running it last night for the second time found it reverse steering from time to time, but after reversing the steering acted normal then out of nowhere would do it again. I notice mainly when turning quick and a slight spin out is when it did it esp if it hit some leaves and did a 180 then I would turn right and it turned left, so turned left then back right and it just went in a circle until like I said reversing it and steering returned to normal. doesn't do it all the time. Any help would be appreciated. Ty in advance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back