Senton Throttle setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siw

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’ve followed some YouTube guides for setting the ESC max throttle points for forward and reverse.

each time I do this, forward changes to reverse and vice versa.

so I changed the throttle switch on the controller, then tried setup again.

all the YouTube vids I have seen show neutral being set first, then forward, then reverse.

any idea why my controller/setup is behaving like this?

(standard controller, receiver and I assume ESC too)

Interesting. Ill be attempting this on my senton today also. PG 15 of the Senton manual shows the exact order your quoting. Hope ya get it sorted. I'll let ya know how mine went.

No kidding! So sometimes they color code the motor/ esc wires incorrectly? Learn something every day from y'all...good to know!

Swap any 2 wires on the motor then test it. That should fix it.
So out of the three wires, are they all power and none Earth??
Could I just perform the setup backwards? Neutral, reverse then forward?

Last edited:
I just did mine and it worked fine. I'm no expert, but follow the 3 colored motor lines to the same corresponding color codes on the esc. Maybe they got switched at the motor connections.

IMG_20221210_125232909_HDR.jpg

I just did mine and it worked fine. I'm no expert, but follow the 3 colored motor lines to the same corresponding color codes on the esc. Maybe they got switched at the motor connections.

From left to right when viewing esc should be blue, yellow and orange.

Ensure throttle is not set to r position on radio...same for steering for that matter. Can someone help this guy out...blind leading the blind here.

Last edited:
Try calibrating your steering end points. Curious if that procedure goes ok.

I like to keep the throttle switch on the remote set to normal. When set to reverse it just doesn’t seem to work as well. It’s perfectly OK to switch any two wires if it’s running in reverse. When I set end points I do throttle first, reverse second and neutral third.

Sorry for taking a bit to get back to you about this, I was waiting for the UPS guy to drop off my Fireteam.

If I remember correctly one wire is ground, one is positive and the third is signal which one does what is controlled by the esc.

Could I just perform the setup backwards? Neutral, reverse then forward?

View attachment 261663

Ensure throttle is not set to r position on radio...same for steering for that matter. Can someone help this guy out...blind leading the blind here.
I’ll check in the morning, I’ve tried with the switch set both ways, still the same result

I’ll check in the morning, I’ve tried with the switch set both ways, still the same result
Spektrum SLT3 radio right?
Mine is set default with the switch above the TH. Set it there then swap 2 of the motor wires, then recalibrate. Like I said above that should fix it.

So the ESC is an SC8-RTR, radio is an SLT3
Checked the terminals, a,b,c all match from ESC to motor

SC8 ESC Paramters allows for CCW or CW motor rotation selection. And using a HW program box makes parameter settings easy.
Be careful you don't do this all wrong. You will end up with "limited" Reverse power being your Forward throttle and Reverse will be faster. Should be the other way a round. When tested on the bench, observe that Forward throttle runs faster than Reverse when pulling the trigger on your SLT3. How you know it is correct.
Swapping the motor wires can be a quick work around, but usually done when the ESC has no Motor rotation selectability. Setting throttle endpoints (ESC Calibration) should be done afterwards. And with the SLT3, the Throttle Trim knob needs to be set to "Neutral".

SC8 ESC Paramters allows for CCW or CW motor rotation selection. And using a HW program box makes parameter settings easy.
Be careful you don't do this all wrong. You will end up with "limited" Reverse power being your Forward throttle and Reverse will be faster. Should be the other way a round. When tested on the bench, observe that Forward throttle runs faster than Reverse when pulling the trigger on your SLT3. How you know it is correct.
Swapping the motor wires can be a quick work around, but usually done when the ESC has no Motor rotation selectability. Setting throttle endpoints (ESC Calibration) should be done afterwards. And with the SLT3, the Throttle Trim knob needs to be set to "Neutral".
The SC8 RTR doesn't have that option, I checked.

3tl45tetred.png

Ok.
Yeah I must be reading the Retail SC8 version Manual here.
RTR version is missing 7 more features.:unsure:

Attachments

• SC8 ESC.pdf
    867.8 KB · Views: 64
So, swapped the terminals around (orange/yellow I think)
Then reset the throttle end points and now the thing is rapid.
Front end lifts even when already going quick!
Ended up blowing a tyre in the end and it spat the foam inner out!

Been there.

Glad you got it sorted. Blew out stock tire also in under a minute! Enjoy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back