Throttle travel settings - DX5 users, please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-NLD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Guys,

i recently upgraded to a DX5 Rugged..

After pairing the radio with the receivers, i calibrated the trottle/neutral/brake with the ESC, and finally set the steering endpoints..

Took the cars for a little test drive, and somehow i feel the cars are slower as they were before switching radio's..

I found theres a throttle travel option.. Stating "H" and "L" both are factory set at 100, but can go up to 150..

Should i put the "H", wich is throttle higher and recalibrate ESC?
And where should i put the "L", wich is brake on?

What numbers you guys running?

Throttle travel should be at 100%. But there is another setting that might be the cause. Scroll down the transmitter's menu to "Settings", then go to "Calibrate". Start at neutral steering and throttle, turn the wheel all the way left and right, put the throttle to full forward and full reverse. Save the settings. I'm not sure if you have to recalibrate the ESC afterwards, but it can't hurt.

Throttle exponential could also make the car feel slower, but if it's still at zero and you haven't adjusted it, that would not be the cause.

I had this to begin with too. You just need to calibrate it (again) at 100% throttle travel, and make sure the throttle trim is set to 0. Once you've got it right, you'll get a green LED on the ESC at full throttle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back