Through Shaft Differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnzEXB

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it was worth it to get a fixed center differential for Mojave EXB. Is the fixed diff only for drag racing and rock crawling or can it be use to BASH? Thanks to all who can provide info.

For Exclusive Speed Running rigs over 100MPH IMHO, a locked center is good.. has advantages.
Why Change it out. A specific need to? Having problems with your EXB center diff??
You are describing a locked/Spool Spur gear??
No diff at all??? Off roaders run best with differential action. Also reduces drivetrain wear for the Off Road.
Sure it can be done. You can try for yourself to see. But not practical IMHO.
Just me.

For Exclusive Speed Running rigs over 100MPH IMHO, a locked center is good.. has advantages.
Why Change it out. A specific need to? Having problems with your EXB center diff??
You are describing a locked/Spool Spur gear??
No diff at all??? Off roaders run best with differential action. Also reduces drivetrain wear for the Off Road.
Sure it can be done. You can try for yourself to see. But not practical IMHO.
Just me.
Thanks Steve that is exactly what I was looking for. I’ve has some troubles but nothing out of the ordinary. I was trying to cut down on maintenance and cost. Appreciate your input!

I was wondering if it was worth it to get a fixed center differential for Mojave EXB. Is the fixed diff only for drag racing and rock crawling or can it be use to BASH? Thanks to all who can provide info.
What you’re asking about is commonly called a spool. This locks the front and rear together. A differential allows power to be distributed based upon your desire. An open diff will send power to the wheels with the least resistance. Depending on your particular desire and application, you can choose the setup that works best for you. Most bashers prefer a thick weighted center diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back