Granite Tie rod ends and ball joint upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhamm

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
The front end on my Granite 4x4 BLX is very sloppy. Any recommendations on tie rod and ball joint upgrades?

Thanks,
Jhamm

Thank you!!

So, if i went and bought the 6s tie rods and aluminum pivot balls then i'd be able to install them on my Granite?

Thank you!!

So, if i went and bought the 6s tie rods and aluminum pivot balls then i'd be able to install them on my Granite?
I think the 6s rod ends wont fit because the steel link is 5mm in diametter vs 4mm of the 3-4s line call your hobbyshop he might have the alluminum pivot balls in stock of the 3-4s line

Thanks brotha. I called them earlier asking about the tie rods and they said they need a part number so they can look it up (which i don't have) so i'll just go in tomorrow. I need a couple other parts as well.

Cheers my friend, stay safe!

Are the ball aluminum pivot balls all that is needed, or do the tie-rod ends need replaced as well? I am starting to work out my slop. I need to bearings and steering bell crank as well.

The plastic pivot balls wear out quickly, so upgrading pivot balls is a good idea. I also have a Kimbrough 124 servo saver. But in my experience, the rest of the steering slop is unavoidable. Rod ends do wear out, but I've replaced them and it didn't make much of a difference. I have the HR bellcrank, I question whether it makes a difference. The entire steering assembly moves together as a tight unit, but there is still noticeable slop. The slop starts (and ends) at the servo saver. I've seen a few posts that the HR aluminum servo saver can be problematic, so I've stuck with the Kimbrough 124.

Last edited:
But in my experience, the rest of the steering slop is unavoidable. The slop starts (and ends) at the servo saver.
I take it back. While much of the slop does come from the servo saver, I recently replaced the Kimbrough servo saver and noticed the servo horn and its pivot balls were really loose. I replaced the servo horn with the Hot Racing aluminum one and it took out a lot of slop. Hopefully it won't wear down too quickly. Unfortunately you can't buy the servo horn by itself, you have to buy it along with the Hot Racing Servo Saver (ATF48SH02)

Last edited:
Traxxas 5525 tie rods ends work well for me. They have steel pivot balls and screw straight into the stock arrma tie rods. Just need a spacer of some sort as the pivot balls are narrower than the stock arrma ones.

Attachments

• DSC_0453.JPG
    DSC_0453.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 206
Traxxas 5525 tie rods ends work well for me. They have steel pivot balls and screw straight into the stock arrma tie rods. Just need a spacer of some sort as the pivot balls are narrower than the stock arrma ones.
those look like 8647x or 8646 not 5525 are they?

what kind of black spacers are those and if you can provide the link to them I would really appreciate it :)

Back