Granite Tie rod length granite 3s blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmann883

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I had to replace my tie rods on my granite 3s and I did not measure them before I took them apart.How can i get them back to factory settings is there a number for the length they can be set to.
Thanks
Brian

I had to replace my tie rods on my granite 3s and I did not measure them before I took them apart.How can i get them back to factory settings is there a number for the length they can be set to.
Thanks
Brian

Length doesn't matter, it's how you use it. :ROFLMAO:

Just set the wheels to -1 degrees of camber.

I can not get it to stay straight even at low speed and steering trimmed out

The chamber is right the toe is way out

Set the steering links to the same length left/right and the wheels straight (no toe out).

As far as it not "staying straight", that could mean about 10 different things, but if you mean it goes straight, then you turn and it won't go straight anymore, that could be tons of things but has nothing to do with your steering links. Most likely crap in your steering rack or servo saver that lost its tension, or a stuck bearing, or servo going out/stripped teeth.

Set the steering links to the same length left/right and the wheels straight (no toe out).

As far as it not "staying straight", that could mean about 10 different things, but if you mean it goes straight, then you turn and it won't go straight anymore, that could be tons of things but has nothing to do with your steering links. Most likely crap in your steering rack or servo saver that lost its tension, or a stuck bearing, or servo going out/stripped teeth.
After I installed the new tie rod ends set them the best I could the the truck will not track right how do they set it from the factory there has to be some kind of measurement the factory sets the tie rod length when they assemble them that is what I am trying to set them back to

I measured before changing turnbuckles on my Granite. Camber is inconsistent when it comes the 3s line. The wheels move around too much. Just make sure your left and right sides are equal in length.

My measurements for stock factory length were:
The longer front turnbuckles with rod ends measure 70mm eye to eye.
The steering front turnbuckles with rod ends are 57 mm.
The rear turnbuckles with rod ends are 67 mm.

If it still doesn't go straight after you get the lengths equal, as Razor RC said, there can be a number of reasons, bad bearings, weak servo, weak servo saver.

Even if everything is working right, the 3s line has trouble keeping a straight line without some modifications.
1) replacing a worn down a servo link and its pivot balls with an upgrade or at least new parts
2) shimming the steering posts and between the bellcranks and ackerman plate

Contrary to many people's advice, I've found an aluminum bellcrank and aluminum pivot balls don't make any difference. (Except the servo link pivot balls, replacing them with aluminum will make a difference until the aluminum wears down the plastic servo link)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back