Senton Tie rod/turnbuckle upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AwesomeH60

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi, I have had my senton 3s blx for 6 months now and I love it. It is pretty much bulletproof other than the tie rods. They keep stripping out and the balls and ends keep wearing out. This has caused all of my wheels and steering to go SUPER sloppy. Please let me know if there are any mods/upgrades that you guys use.

Last time I checked there really wasn't a simple solution to this, I'm in the same boat my turnbuckles and tie rods either bend or break, I haven't had any problems with the rod ends however. My plan is to find some 5mm rods and use some Tekno or HB Racing rod ends.

I do think Integy and GPM make some but when it comes to their stuff it's rather hit or miss if they are better or not.

Last edited:
Last time I checked there really wasn't a simple solution to this, I'm in the same boat my turnbuckles and tie rods either bend or break, I haven't had any problems with the rod ends however. My plan is to find some 5mm rods and use some Tekno or HB Racing rod ends.

I do think Integy and GPM make some but when it comes to their stuff it's rather hit or miss if they are better or not.
Alright thanks a lot, I’ll keep looking and maybe look into some other trucks tie rods?‍♂️

Alright thanks a lot, I’ll keep looking and maybe look into some other trucks tie rods?‍♂️
I looked into this and it wasn't cheap, $100 just for the rod, I could only find titanium in the size I wanted.

Hi, I have had my senton 3s blx for 6 months now and I love it. It is pretty much bulletproof other than the tie rods. They keep stripping out and the balls and ends keep wearing out. This has caused all of my wheels and steering to go SUPER sloppy. Please let me know if there are any mods/upgrades that you guys use.
For the pivot balls you can get Hot Racing aluminum https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-ATF160B02-Complete-22-Piece/dp/B07MFRKX
For turnbuckles, Lunsford has titanium sets. Not cheap, but I believe they have a lifetime warranty for anything bent or broken. I haven't tried them, so I can't say how good they are. https://lunsfordracing.com/collections/arrma-senton-3s
The rod ends definitely wear out over time. I don't know any better alternative. Keeping them clean and greased will probably extend their life. I'm just leaving them loose and sloppy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back