Tight battery fit in the Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@slick2500 definitely go for the 6s. It's a bullet and it handles awesome on street shoes.

There has been mention of a tree that fruits for the commited. Maybe classifieds here in this forum ??.

Getting a soldering station and learning how to solder is very handy in this hobby, I buy whatever battery I want from whoever I want and put my own plugs on them.

Getting a soldering station and learning how to solder is very handy in this hobby, I buy whatever battery I want from whoever I want and put my own plugs on them.
Yeah I gotta get around to doing that.

Yeah I gotta get around to doing that.
Also some hobby stores will solder on whatever plug you want, most will do it for free if you buy the battery from them but they usually charge you if you bring in some random battery depending usually on how cool you are with the guys or gals.

Also some hobby stores will solder on whatever plug you want, most will do it for free if you buy the battery from them but they usually charge you if you bring in some random battery depending usually on how cool you are with the guys or gals.
?I don't have patience and wish I could find some. If I can pay somebody that knows well, I'll do it so fast. Nice to know how to solder too but trading time is worth fair money for me. Trade out even better.
Too bad no lhs near me and the one that is within one hour drive ..is long dead.
Until I find a service trader, I'm using a cheapo 40w wired and this one I bought a while back and use harbor freight rechargeable batteries. ??

?I don't have patience and wish I could find some. If I can pay somebody that knows well, I'll do it so fast. Nice to know how to solder too but trading time is worth fair money for me. Trade out even better.
Too bad no lhs near me and the one that is within one hour drive ..is long dead.
Until I find a service trader, I'm using a cheapo 40w wired and this one I bought a while back and use harbor freight rechargeable batteries. ??
I just have some 40w soldering iron I picked up at Menards it works okay. I really need to fix my Weller soldering station or figure out if I am even using it right. I turn it on and the iron gets barely hot enough to melt the solder. Not sure where to start as it is a soldering station from the 60s or 70s lol. But it's 60w.

@slick2500
I'm pretty lucky. I have a very good lhs right by me. Great bunch of people. Been going there a long time (and I guess it helps that I drop a lot of cash in there lol). But they're always willing to help. They don't charge me for a lot of services and even thow in discounted prices every now and then. The day I bought the Typhon they were crazy busy and running real low on their battery/connector inventory. I didn't want to wait around so I just grabbed a 6S they had in stock.

Today I bought an Associated Trophy Rat just to cruise around the neighborhood (I'm brand neutral). Anyways, they gave me $50 off the price. Cool little truck. I'll enclose some pics. I went in there for a digital servo for the Typhon and walked out with the servo and the truck lol. Currently upgrading the radio. Just got a DX5E for it earlier this week. Gonna start the install tonight.

If they're not busy, these guys love to talk shop. They let me take the Infraction out for a spin around their back parking lot. I gotta get one of those....
@crimsonfancy that sucks there's no good lhs near you. Like I said in the reply that I just posted, I'm lucky. Got a good one 10 minutes from the house.

Attachments

• 20190621_194152.jpg
    20190621_194152.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190621_195205.jpg
    20190621_195205.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190621_195225.jpg
    20190621_195225.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190621_211729.jpg
    20190621_211729.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190619_163057.jpg
    20190619_163057.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190619_163003.jpg
    20190619_163003.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 36
Is any other Typhon owner having a hard time fitting a 6s battery in their car? Mine fits in the battery tray. The length is fine. But it's too tall. It causes the body to fit on tilted. I can pin the body down but it doesn't square up with the frame. Anyone else have this problem? My lhs doesn't have flatter 6s packs. I checked today. What batteries are you guys running?
I run two helios 3s 5200 mah lipos. I have a 6s lectron 6800 and have the same problem. I do know the 5450 6s maxamps lipo will fit in it just fine. My brother in law runs that and it fits good. So I'm going to kick out the 250 for the 5450 6s maxamps lipo here soon. The performance that lipo has is crazy.

I run two helios 3s 5200 mah lipos. I have a 6s lectron 6800 and have the same problem. I do know the 5450 6s maxamps lipo will fit in it just fine. My brother in law runs that and it fits good. So I'm going to kick out the 250 for the 5450 6s maxamps lipo here soon. The performance that lipo has is crazy.
@Gadson26 Cool. Let me know how the maxamps works out. I never really paid attention to them because of the price.

I took @Kingleo619 advice and jacked up the rear end a little bit. Worked out great. I needed clearance for dual fans too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back