Tight battery fit in the Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edo7-11

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Is any other Typhon owner having a hard time fitting a 6s battery in their car? Mine fits in the battery tray. The length is fine. But it's too tall. It causes the body to fit on tilted. I can pin the body down but it doesn't square up with the frame. Anyone else have this problem? My lhs doesn't have flatter 6s packs. I checked today. What batteries are you guys running?

I have a pack or two that does this. Rotate 25% turn and if it doesn't help then I'd say you have a very big battery. What battery did you buy? Some of the slow boats or less expensive packs are too big but work fine otherwise outside of the Typhon.
I do have some big ones that fit though. 4800-5400 mah is the key. I don't buy bigger than that anyway cause plenty runtime and when it's time to switch packs, it's time to cool down for a bit. ?

@crimsonfancy thanks bro! I have a big one. A 6500 - 100C. Tons of power and run time. Motor does get hotter than hell. I cut a small open in the side of the body. That right there helped drop the temperature a little. But the body just looke goofy sitting cockeyed lol. Thanks for the battery size tips. I'll look for those.

You can try the same cuts I made. It doesn't look too bad and it helps keep the temps down. It's three cuts, not four

Attachments

• 15610033712896842467877107434714.jpg
    15610033712896842467877107434714.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 15610036049644490292249669742982.jpg
    15610036049644490292249669742982.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 15610036228124928541200535058451.jpg
    15610036228124928541200535058451.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 77
  • 15610036555221515924618119833316.jpg
    15610036555221515924618119833316.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 80
That’s a big pack. The manual states the battery dimensions. Outside of that you’ll get your results.
491F185B-3184-4C36-B200-1A6EF40A5B43.png

Yeah man... a bit overkill with the 6500. Also pay more attention to your motor temperature.. pick up a temp gun if you don’t already. Poor thing is probably burning up. Motors are expensive, don’t let a big battery burn one up.

Yeah man... a bit overkill with the 6500. Also pay more attention to your motor temperature.. pick up a temp gun if you don’t already. Poor thing is probably burning up. Motors are expensive, don’t let a big battery burn one up.
Yeah I have a few temp guns. I have a habit of checking motor temp from running nitros for so long. I keep my eye on it. That battery was the only 6s the lhs had. My options for packs with the EC5 were severely limited. This motor is temporary anyway. I'm working on a project with the Typhon. I don't bash it. It's for speed.
Yeah I have a few temp guns. I have a habit of checking motor temp from running nitros for so long. I keep my eye on it. That battery was the only 6s the lhs had. My options for packs with the EC5 were severely limited. This motor is temporary anyway. I'm working on a project with the Typhon. I don't bash it. It's for speed. It's not for running around some dirt hills or a backyard for 20 minutes at 40 mph.

Yeah I have a few temp guns. I have a habit of checking motor temp from running nitros for so long. I keep my eye on it. That battery was the only 6s the lhs had. My options for packs with the EC5 were severely limited. This motor is temporary anyway. I'm working on a project with the Typhon. I don't bash it. It's for speed.
Ah got you. My senton is the same way. I’d take a picture but I’m too lazy to go downstairs as it’s 1am lol. I’ll try to find one.
E61FE468-4471-45AF-B702-646C61C4E0BE.jpeg

Nice rig! What does it get up to?
I gpsd and radared at 103 but I blew a tire and the gps smashed into a curb the next run LMAO

Also I run 2 3s packs... that way I can rotate batteries and get better life out of those than a comparable single 6s pack. The difference in life is like a few runs though, so not life or death.

I gpsd and radared at 103 but I blew a tire and the gps smashed into a curb the next run LMAO

Also I run 2 3s packs... that way I can rotate batteries and get better life out of those than a comparable single 6s pack. The difference in life is like a few runs though, so not life or death.
Ooohhh that sucks. Glad the damage wasn't too bad.

103 that's awesome! That's what i got the Typhon for. I'm working towards getting it up there. Long way to go tho....

Ooohhh that sucks. Glad the damage wasn't too bad.

103 that's awesome! That's what i got the Typhon for. I'm working towards getting it up there. Long way to go tho....
Yeah... not sure you looked closely but it’s running on taped dynamite speedtreads, has a completely butchered slash 4x4 body, and has a Traxxas 7 cell nimh as some weight ziptied in the front to keep the front end down. This thing is absolutely sketchy to drive. Hell, you see the ride height.. it’s a miracle it got to triple figures lol.

Yeah... not sure you looked closely but it’s running on taped dynamite speedtreads, has a completely butchered slash 4x4 body, and has a Traxxas 7 cell nimh as some weight ziptied in the front to keep the front end down. This thing is absolutely sketchy to drive. Hell, you see the ride height.. it’s a miracle it got to triple figures lol.
Lmao??
Yeah the body looks pretty abused. Well, drive it like you stole it until the wheels come off! Just pray that doesn't happen at 100mph.

Is any other Typhon owner having a hard time fitting a 6s battery in their car? Mine fits in the battery tray. The length is fine. But it's too tall. It causes the body to fit on tilted. I can pin the body down but it doesn't square up with the frame. Anyone else have this problem? My lhs doesn't have flatter 6s packs. I checked today. What batteries are you guys running?
Use Kraton tower mount to raise body in rear end that’s what I’m doing I have duel fans issue rubbing or drill holes above stock holes, that was on a thread I seen posted on here

Use Kraton tower mount to raise body in rear end that’s what I’m doing I have duel fans issue rubbing or drill holes above stock holes, that was on a thread I seen posted on here
@Kingleo619 that's a great idea! Thanks! Especially because I have a dual fan/heat sink on order. Should be here tomorrow. I was worried if it would fit. Awesome tip. I'll look up the part # and get one ordered.

The max height they say at 51mm , so I bought the Power Hobby 5000 50C 6S pack , it is 49.5mm high , no problem with fit , set the wires to the side .

@Kingleo619 that's a great idea! Thanks! Especially because I have a dual fan/heat sink on order. Should be here tomorrow. I was worried if it would fit. Awesome tip. I'll look up the part # and get one ordered.
@Kingleo619 actually, I'm in luck. Just checked my lhs online, they have them in stock. I'm gonna go grab one today. Thx again for the tip brotha.
The max height they say at 51mm , so I bought the Power Hobby 5000 50C 6S pack , it is 49.5mm high , no problem with fit , set the wires to the side .
@3x9rtse cool. I ordered two Powerhobby batteries the day I bought the car. I grabbed this battery I have from the lhs just to get it running. I was pretty limited that day on battery selection. Really slim pickings with their inventory. It's a good battery tho. I plan on keeping it. Good to know the powerhobby batteries will actually fit right. That opens up some more possibilities for me.

Last edited:
I’m pretty psyched about the limitless. The idea of a purpose built speed run/drift-o-maniac car has my interest. The Typhon is getting Outcasted...

I’m pretty psyched about the limitless. The idea of a purpose built speed run/drift-o-maniac car has my interest. The Typhon is getting Outcasted...
Nah, I still want to ditch the 3s Typhon and get the 6s.

Yeah but there's not that many places where you can run a car that hits 150mph. And compare pricetags......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back