Granite Time for new shocks!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionRc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello, my Arrma Granite BLX shocks started leaking what do I do.
I want to get good shocks that wouldn't leak and be affordable can you help me,please.

If you want affordable, I have good results with just replacing the orings with the traxxas blue orings that are found in their ultra shock rebuild kit. TRA-2362
I just replaced the bottom oring with a traxxas, and left the top orings as stock. None of my stock 3s have leaked on either my granite or typhon since doing this, and its cheap as :)

I can confirm the above post is great advice, i did the same thing coincidentally with blue traxxas orings i had lying about, i also used some grease, so far two months on granite and senton are full and dry

I can confirm the above post is great advice, i did the same thing coincidentally with blue traxxas orings i had lying about, i also used some grease, so far two months on granite and senton are full and dry
Yep works a treat, my granite shocks have been 7 months and still no leaks ?

I used 2 Traxxas x-rings plus a small spacer to account for the fact that the x-rings are thinner than the stock o-rings. It was a tighter fit, but so far, no leaks.

Has anyone tried these Arrma silicon o-rings? They come standard on the Voltage, but are at least the correct size and are supposed to be silicon: https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR716002

Yep works a treat, my granite shocks have been 7 months and still no leaks ?
If you want affordable, I have good results with just replacing the orings with the traxxas blue orings that are found in their ultra shock rebuild kit. TRA-2362
I just replaced the bottom oring with a traxxas, and left the top orings as stock. None of my stock 3s have leaked on either my granite or typhon since doing this, and its cheap as :)
The blue from TRA-2362 seems softer and have another shape than stock black. So i put tjem in and get back for feedback

New shock seals from the V3 work great. About $10 for the set.

I was hopeful that the new silicon o-rings would help cure the leaks. I special ordered ARA716035 and ARA716036 through my LHS last week and picked them up this afternoon.

O-Rings.jpg

This also happened to someone else on this board a couple of weeks ago. Arrma's pulling a bait and switch. My guess is that you won't be able to get the silicon o-rings until they've unloaded their existing supply of the old o-rings. As they were special order, they are not returnable. Buyer beware.

The Traxxas x-rings are still working fine though.

Last edited:
I have received those 2days ago is this the zd 8002 shocks? I am still waiting to get new springs
Yes ive got these on granite and Senton and they’re great. The 4 pack set has the 8001 & 8002 Labeled with a single part number. Great seller too. I had an issue, they asked for a pick, gave them one and they sent a new set right away. Also I left springs and travel length alone and just changed the oil weight and they’ve been great.

Yes ive got these on granite and Senton and they’re great. The 4 pack set has the 8001 & 8002 Labeled with a single part number. Great seller too. I had an issue, they asked for a pick, gave them one and they sent a new set right away. Also I left springs and travel length alone and just changed the oil weight and they’ve been great.

what oil weight did you use for the senton?

I was hopeful that the new silicon o-rings would help cure the leaks. I special ordered ARA716035 and ARA716036 through my LHS last week and picked them up this afternoon.

View attachment 100507

This also happened to someone else on this board a couple of weeks ago. Arrma's pulling a bait and switch. My guess is that you won't be able to get the silicon o-rings until they've unloaded their existing supply of the old o-rings. As they were special order, they are not returnable. Buyer beware.

The Traxxas x-rings are still working fine though.

I'm not sure what you were expecting, but those are the new o-rings. The big ones used to be black, now they are red. I bought those o-rings and also took apart my V3 Granite shocks. They look the same.

I'm not sure what you were expecting, but those are the new o-rings. The big ones used to be black, now they are red. I bought those o-rings and also took apart my V3 Granite shocks. They look the same.
So the new ones are red on the big outer o-ring, but the shaft ones are still black?

I was expecting silicon o-rings. The red ones are almost certainly silicon. Looking at them under a loupe, there are no visible ridges or seams and they have a slightly glossy look to them. The black ones are identical to some older o-rings I have. There is no glossiness to them and they have definite ridges and seams at the points where they would contact the cartridge and shock shaft. Horizon is sending another set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back