Outcast Time to build an Outcast 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. Very much for this and future questions I’ll have lol
The Arrma website interactive exploded views are great to get this info. They still have them for both 4s cars too. I open that up and compare to the part numbers on the 3s exploded view. That is how I built both, knew what to order.

The Arrma website interactive exploded views are great to get this info. They still have them for both 4s cars too. I open that up and compare to the part numbers on the 3s exploded view. That is how I built both, knew what to order.
That’s a good idea. Had not thought of looking at the 4s schematics. Thanks again!

That’s a good idea. Had not thought of looking at the 4s schematics. Thanks again!
Main parts needed are metal slipper, metal main diff and input gear, 4s arms, tie rods, axles, rear hubs, front hubs/steering blocks. Also need the kingpin bolts for the front hubs and the 4 pins for the end of the arms to attach to the new hubs.
For the axles I HIGHLY recommend the Arrma 4s CVDs. That is the most expensive part other than motor and ESC.

Other parts like center brace items, body mounts, etc are really optional depending on what you want to do.

My monster buggy uses a Typon body, so I don't use the center brace bar.

Update to the build. Converted to a LWB chassis. Still waiting on 240mm center bar and the side guards, but love the look. This is the exact wheelbase as the OC6s.

For the body, I just had to make two new holes in the rear, and trimmed the back some to clear the shocks and tie rods when suspension compresses. Changed the shock geometry a little to ride higher up also.

View attachment 189943View attachment 189944
That came out pretty good.👍

That came out pretty good.👍
Thanks. Was able to leave the rear curvature lip on the body at the end of the bed. So all the cuts followed below a curve line, so very rigid. Was worried would have to cut them off leaving the rear really weak, but it worked out great.

Did the same exact thing. I missed the hub pins however, so ...another delay. I should have mine by the end of the week.

Update on the wing. Stock wing just looked too small since it was away from the body. Put on a typhon wing I had laying around.

20220103_205028.jpg
20220103_204855.jpg

Yes. 3s and 4s bulkheads are the same.
Sorry if I am asking the same/similar question again… but that 4s T-bone bumper, it will fit on a straight 3s granite or is there something else required? I love the look of it and just want to double check before spending 30 bucks on one. Much appreciated!

T-bone sell this kit with different components to attach to either the K4s or the Outcast. I just ordered one for my Outcast, but I'm curious what it would look like on the narrower 3s rigs. I don't know personally, but I suspect there may be some clearance issues with the wheels.

T-bone sell this kit with different components to attach to either the K4s or the Outcast. I just ordered one for my Outcast, but I'm curious what it would look like on the narrower 3s rigs. I don't know personally, but I suspect there may be some clearance issues with the wheels.
That makes sense. I haven’t thought about clearance issues with the wheels but yeah, maybe an issue. I’m gonna instead drop my money on a couple differentials because my vorteks just became front wheel drive…

That makes sense. I haven’t thought about clearance issues with the wheels but yeah, maybe an issue. I’m gonna instead drop my money on a couple differentials because my vorteks just became front wheel drive…
It wasn’t the differential or input gear…it was this. Slipper hub itself stripped out. Crazy, never had or even seen that happen.

8DE7AB80-1640-45C7-89C1-388ECA83E171.jpeg

12983D17-7681-4439-8581-E18271294162.jpeg

My HR pivot balls just came in...all the way from China. How snug are yours? I've got a small amount of play with these pivot balls I just got.

Sorry if I am asking the same/similar question again… but that 4s T-bone bumper, it will fit on a straight 3s granite or is there something else required? I love the look of it and just want to double check before spending 30 bucks on one. Much appreciated!

I have this bumper on my Granite and no clearance issues.

PXL_20210902_015113269.jpg

Rig looks awesome with the LWB chassis @HZRDOS 👍🏼

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back