Outcast Time to build an Outcast 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
So my Granite just had not been used much at all lately...well guess I need to spice it up. Love the Typhon I turned into a 4s Kraton (still have the Typhon body on it...kind of like the monster buggy look).

So, turning the old Granite into an Outcast. Already has steel slipper, steel input and diffs front and rear, HR yokes, bellcrank and motor mount. Has Mamba X 2400kv sensored system already also. Going with RPM 4s arms and Arrma 4s CVDs. Have 6s shocks and tires already, rest of the parts on order. Will post more pics as she comes together. She is stripped down and waiting.

20211120_221530.jpg
20211120_221549.jpg

Man o man that is perfect and I cant believe I didnt realize the 4s parts fit the 3s chassis. I would have done this in a heart beat to my Senton Monster truck instead of the Typhon 3s arms/turn buckles and the gpm steel/aluminum cvds. Well crap, maybe time to pick another chassis to modify into a 4s rig

What bulkhead are you using for the center brace? Can this be done with a Big Rock?

What bulkhead are you using for the center brace? Can this be done with a Big Rock?
Stock. 3s and 4s used the same bulkhead/shock towers. Just have to buy the mounts for the center brace and put them on. They slide into the top of the bulkhead under the body mount posts and lock into place.

Stock. 3s and 4s used the same bulkhead/shock towers. Just have to buy the mounts for the center brace and put them on. They slide into the top of the bulkhead under the body mount posts and lock into place.
Thank you, I've since found that info and have a growing list of parts.
Are the 6S Wheel sets the same as the original ones?

Thank you, I've since found that info and have a growing list of parts.
Are the 6S Wheel sets the same as the original ones?
Yes. Backflip LP tires.
So they are not from the 6s tires...they are just a little shorter. Some run them on their 6s rigs though.

Thanks for your help.
What advantage does the GPM upper shock mounts provide? Are the towers prone to breakage?

Update to the build. Converted to a LWB chassis. Still waiting on 240mm center bar and the side guards, but love the look. This is the exact wheelbase as the OC6s.

For the body, I just had to make two new holes in the rear, and trimmed the back some to clear the shocks and tie rods when suspension compresses. Changed the shock geometry a little to ride higher up also.

20220101_214400.jpg
20220101_214349.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back