Talion Time to build/convert to a Talion EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
So it is time for the third iteration of my once Kraton EXB, now Noto EXB....going to make it a Talion. I like to mix it up I guess. Ha

This is how she began her life:

1679421094865.png

1679421125350.png

She was then converted to a SWB Kraton with MT8 tires:

1679421338972.png

With her latest and current form of full Noto EXB:

1679421435765.png

And now - wanting to change her up again, going to put the Kraton EXB chassis back on and go full Talion build. Ordered all the goodies needed from Jenny's. Will have slightly wider hubs versus stock Talion since I will keep the Kraton hubs on, but other than that - will be a Talion for the most part.

1679421496673.png

If I had this mindset I'd have saved a lot of money. I'd much rather buy all 3 rigs and not have to go through the trouble of swapping :ROFLMAO:

Talion kicks ass!!

I love mixing parts, but I'm just curious why you didn't buy another car?
I spent a little too much money, but I like having multiple rigs with different wheelbases. That way I can choose what I want to run depending on where I'm going to take them out that day.

It's cool that you are now going to have so many parts you can build basically anything you want. By the way, I love the Talion!

I spent a little too much money, but I like having multiple rigs with different wheelbases. That way I can choose what I want to run depending on where I'm going to take them out that day.

It's cool that you are now going to have so many parts you can build basically anything you want. By the way, I love the Talion!
Probably going to have enough parts to build a 2nd rig from spare parts :cool:

I do love the ability to make so many different mashups with the Arrma's! That SWB Kraton reminds me of "the short bus"!!😂😂
NO, I didn't ride the short bus to school! Really!!🤷‍♂️🤣🤣
So it is time for the third iteration of my once Kraton EXB, now Noto EXB....going to make it a Talion. I like to mix it up I guess. Ha

This is how she began her life:

View attachment 287045

View attachment 287046

She was then converted to a SWB Kraton with MT8 tires:

View attachment 287050

With her latest and current form of full Noto EXB:

View attachment 287053

And now - wanting to change her up again, going to put the Kraton EXB chassis back on and go full Talion build. Ordered all the goodies needed from Jenny's. Will have slightly wider hubs versus stock Talion since I will keep the Kraton hubs on, but other than that - will be a Talion for the most part.

View attachment 287054
Nice! I just finished a Kraton XL..contemplating what to do with the leftovers. Typhon XL or Senton XL? Typhon would be cheaper.. I used the mojo bumpers on the Kraton XL. I'd have to buy more for a Senton XL..
Thinking it'll be Typhon XL..kraton chassis, mojo arms, should be nearly identical to an Asuga XLR.😁😉👍

Last edited:
If I had this mindset I'd have saved a lot of money. I'd much rather buy all 3 rigs and not have to go through the trouble of swapping :ROFLMAO:

Talion kicks ass!!
Not really about the money - I really love tearing apart and building them. That to me is just as fun as driving them.

I have plenty of rigs with all different wheelbases, solid axle rigs, etc.

If I don't drive a rig for a few weeks, I decide to switch it up to keep it fresh!

I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing with my Kraton 6s. I would also keep the Kraton steering blocks and rear axle carriers. Are the parts you showed all that are required for the conversion?

I do love the ability to make so many different mashups with the Arrma's! That SWB Kraton reminds me of "the short bus"!!😂😂
NO, I didn't ride the short bus to school! Really!!🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

Nice! I just finished a Kraton XL..contemplating what to do with the leftovers. Typhon XL or Senton XL? Typhon would be cheaper.. I used the mojo bumpers on the Kraton XL. I'd have to buy more for a Senton XL..
Thinking it'll be Typhon XL..kraton chassis, mojo arms, should be nearly identical to an Asuga XLR.😁😉👍
Nothing wrong with riding the short bus lol . I wish could have instead of the long ass one .I allways sat in the back seat why? Cause that's where the cool kids sat 🤣🤣🤣.but the back seats were the worse .every bump made my ass jump off the seats .it hurt but I was right next to the emergency back door just Incase suttin happened I could be the first one out hahah.the pain I felt every day to be cool and safe🤣🤣

I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing with my Kraton 6s. I would also keep the Kraton steering blocks and rear axle carriers. Are the parts you showed all that are required for the conversion?
Yeah, other than the shorter center tower. Need the one from the Outcast/noto, or just not use one.
And wing depending on how you want it to look
Look's like a "micro machines" XxL!! Bet ya could pull off backflips at will..6,8,10..however many you wanted!!😉🍻👌
Haha. And then some since I have the max6 1650kv and a 23t pinion. Hahaha

Yeah, other than the shorter center tower. Need the one from the Outcast/noto, or just not use one.
And wing depending on how you want it to look

Haha. And then some since I have the max6 1650kv and a 23t pinion. Hahaha
Jenny's is out of the front shocks and the Talion body right now, but the shock towers, wing mount, side guards and more are available. If I decide to do the conversion, I'll have to keep an eye on Jenny's for when they restock.

I have the Castle MMX 8s and 1717 1650kv system with 18T pinion in my Kraton now. It's a beast.

Jenny's is out of the front shocks and the Talion body right now, but the shock towers, wing mount, side guards and more are available. If I decide to do the conversion, I'll have to keep an eye on Jenny's for when they restock.

I have the Castle MMX 8s and 1717 1650kv system with 18T pinion in my Kraton now. It's a beast.
You should up that pinion to a 20t. Lol.

Yeah, they had one body and front shocks when I bought them last night.

Finally got time to start the teardown and conversion.

View attachment 288496
Nice!! Unfortunately I don't have the finances to do mashups as often as I'd like to. I've been tweaking on my Kraton XL..swapped some Mojo springs onto the rear, the heaviest Arrma offers. Trying to get the Mojo front bumper down to a reasonable height.. it's getting there. I've decided I will call it the Arrma Wolverine..low, long, and tenacious..😎😉🍻

Nice!! Unfortunately I don't have the finances to do mashups as often as I'd like to. I've been tweaking on my Kraton XL..swapped some Mojo springs onto the rear, the heaviest Arrma offers. Trying to get the Mojo front bumper down to a reasonable height.. it's getting there. I've decided I will call it the Arrma Wolverine..low, long, and tenacious..😎😉🍻
Sweet! All you need to do is have one rig to tweak and build at a time. That way you can get it exactly how you want!

I seem to move from rig to rig. lol. But it is my only hobby. I don't go out on the town, I don't even drink any alcohol at all, so only think I spend money on myself is this hobby. All other $$ is spent on family and life!

Have a build thread or any good pics of your Kraton XL?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back