Kraton Tip: how to clean Arrma Kraton diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't say about other cleaners. I'm sure it probably wouldn't matter. I've only used brake cleaner, sorry not fluid. It's late. You can find simple green at grocery and home improvement stores. Usually with the cleaning supplies
How is this stuff? Should be good right? I used to use carb cleaner on a lot of nitro stuff years ago but idk...

Attachments

• 20190825_151910.jpg
    20190825_151910.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 34
Lot of us use simple green. I spray it down then use a toothbrush to knock any dirt off followed up by air compressor to dry off. For diffs I soak the gears in brake fluid. Anything with grease or oil will soak in brake fluid.
Do you mix simple green with water or anything or just straight up? I never used this stuff but I heard of it a while back.

Do you mix simple green with water or anything or just straight up? I never used this stuff but I heard of it a while back.
Straight up but rinse/wipe it. IMO.SG is good stuff though.
How is this stuff? Should be good right? I used to use carb cleaner on a lot of nitro stuff years ago but idk...
Brake cleaner is cheap and always a must have. But don't use too liberally around plastics. It is not plastic or rubber friendly at all. Great as a solvent for bearings and metal though. ( for the price is probably the best alternative) Diff gears etc. Carb cleaner is not my choice at all. I have it around but not for my my RC's except when tearing down and cleaning my OS .12.

Last edited:
Next time go to Walmart and buy the cheap stuff, it's $2 a can.

Anyone use Gun Scrubber instead of brake cleaner? That's what I have around the house...

Gun cleaning solvents work great too, but much more expensive if you don't have it around the house or don't clean your guns much. Chlorinated Brake cleaner spray can be had very cheap per can. BTW, chlorinated brake solvent is stronger than non-chlorinated type. FWIW.

^^^ Ultrasonics are great especially for bearings.(y)

Gun cleaning solvents work great too, but much more expensive if you don't have it around the house or don't clean your guns much. Chlorinated Brake cleaner spray can be had very cheap per can. BTW, chlorinated brake solvent is stronger than non-chlorinated type. FWIW.

Should I avoid Rem Oil cause it has some teflon? If so, what's a good, cheap, dry oil?

Teflon'ed oil is fine for bearings or whatever. (its more slippy)(y) No reason to avoid. IMHO.
Oil is not dry. Supposed to stay wet, it's oil.
For a "Dry" lubricant, I use Chain Saver with Teflon. It is wax based with some Moly in it. Does not attract dirt etc. and waterproof also. But I don't use it in or near my bearings. My bearings get grease or oil. I use dry lube for hinge pins, dog bones and CVD pins and center diff gear/spur/pinion(exposed to dirt). Grease for the closed front/rear diffs.
BTW, grease at the CVD's just collects dirt and wears the CVD's faster IMO.
BTW, I think Rem Oil is perhaps too thin. Not 100% sure. Gun oil in general is thinner so it doesn't gum up...Gun components need to slide. There are no spinning or constant rotating parts.
I Have 2 Glocks and a Smith SS revolver.
Others may have their own suggestions. :cool:

Last edited:
I am just about to do my first service on my infraction. Is it safe to soak a complete F/R and center diff assembly in denatured alcohol (with bearings, gears, shims and o rings)? or should I do a complete breakdown? For the first service do you guys reuse gaskets and o rings or replace with new? I work for a heavy truck dealership and we never reuse a gasket, even if the part was just installed and the motor only ran for 5 minutes we would change it again if it had to be re torn down.

I am just about to do my first service on my infraction. Is it safe to soak a complete F/R and center diff assembly in denatured alcohol (with bearings, gears, shims and o rings)? or should I do a complete breakdown? For the first service do you guys reuse gaskets and o rings or replace with new? I work for a heavy truck dealership and we never reuse a gasket, even if the part was just installed and the motor only ran for 5 minutes we would change it again if it had to be re torn down.
Do a compete teardown. Do not soak the o-rings or the gasket. As long as they are not torn you can reuse them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back