Tip to get Body Clips In/Out Post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Fam

I added some titanium body post to my Infraction but WOW they hard to insert/remove the metal clip in/out the post. Any tips anyone can offer or else I will just go back to the plastic post that works better. Not sure if I need a thinner clip if so any recommendations or maybe there is a tip that can be shared that would help. Thx

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 10.06.31 PM.png

Slightly bend the body clip a little with some pliers or a screwdriver. Just enough so its not loose or painful to put in

Slightly bend the body clip a little with some pliers or a screwdriver. Just enough so its not loose or painful to put in

Thx...crossed my mind but was not sure if that would be OK to open it up a bit... opening it which I assuming you mean

Thx

If it's a PITA, just use thinner clips.

Thx any recommendations :)
Not really, collected many different kinds over the years, I have some thin ones that are so much easier to get on and off unlike the stock Arrma and Traxxas clips. Probably got them on Ebay, they're cheap when you buy a bundle. Here's a pick, stock Traxxas clips, top, thin ones, bottom.

Attachments

• 20200610_003739.jpg
    20200610_003739.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 56
I put the round end into my vise and lightly tap them to bend them some with a small hammer... flipped them over and spread them slightly with a screwdriver. They go in and out a lot easier now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back