Granite Tip to save your Granite body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
Hey everyone thought I'd share what I've done to help save the body of my truck specifically in the rear around the shock towers. So I took and put down a good size line of hot glue right where the shock towers hit the body and then laid down some thicker foam. Also as the picture shows I have some foam around all the body mount holes as the mounts tend to rub as well. I have had little to no damage from adding the padding to help and I bash my truck hard which causes the body to take a bearing from the hard landings. Another great idea that again has saved the exterior of my body is to put a good amount of hot glue along the top of the rear of the body where it rubs from wheelies. Also put a couple good size lines down the roof to save the top when it slides upside down.

Attachments

• IMG_20200803_173120572.jpg
    IMG_20200803_173120572.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 98
Ah, that foam sounds like a good idea. I initially tried to strengthen my two Granite bodies with epoxy which ended in total failure since the
hardened epoxy cracked with some light bashing and separated from the body. I have since done what many folks on YouTube have recommended by using the drywall tape and Shoegoo and that's worked like a charm. I backed one body with duct tape first and then added the drywall tape and Shoegoo, and did the other without the duct tape since I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Both came out great but the one I backed with duct tape is definitely stronger. ?

I made my body stronger by using drywall tape after watching YT video. Stuff is strong and about $4. I also add some felt around the house on top rear shock mount to cushion between it and body...and I use these cheap Traxxas plastic washer to spread the force over the 4 body mount pins....they are not glued I just added them before I put the body on to run. I just added the black tape on one of the body but not needed the drywall tape is enough! Shoeglue or E6000 works to glue the drywall tape...I have both but used the Shoeglue here...

The damage you see is before all the work was done which made me find a new solution. There has been NO new damage since the fix of hard bashing:

IMG_20200804_113150.jpg
IMG_20200804_113157.jpg
IMG_20200804_113411.jpg
IMG_20200804_113852.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back