Big Rock Tips from a new BRCC owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed the Typhon arms and turnbuckles from Jennys RC today (couldn’t find the RPM version in stock anywhere that would ship to Canada for a reasonable price). The extra width is noticeable and appreciated even with the stock tires. I can still flip it on fast turns on grass but it’s much harder to do. Not sure why they didn’t make it this way out of the box. Wouldn’t have cost them any more.

For the turnbuckles it looks like you can reuse 2 of the 4 longer stock BRCC turnbuckles as the 2 shorter ones you need for the Typhon arms in the front. So at a minimum you will need to buy the 4 longer Typhon turnbuckles in order to install the Typhon arms in a BRCC.

Given the relatively low cost, this should be the first upgrade anyone makes to a BRCC in my opinion.

Getting new tires like Badlands and the Hot Racing hex extenders would stabilize things even more, but not essential in my opinion. I’ll probably do this when I need to replace the tires, but not before.

Ordered a front bumper, rear wheelie bar and the skid plate from T-bone. Cracked the stock wheelie bar and shipping was the same whether I ordered one thing or everything from T-Bone so figured why not get them all now.

Awaiting front and rear replacement shocks from eBay (the cheap HSP ones) as it has become clear that all 4 shocks have leaked out the majority of their fluid and are doing nothing at this point.

Also waiting for a variety of silicone shock fluids to arrive so I can’t even refill the stock shocks while I wait for the HSP shocks.

Still waiting for a rubber sealed bearing set to arrive. Would have been nice to do the Typhon arms and the bearings at the same time while everything was already taken apart.

And still waiting for the Flysky GT5. Can’t wait for that to arrive.

This is turning into a bit of a build thread.

Installed Badlands MX28’s today. I got the Raid wheels with the 14mm hex adapters so was able to install them onto the stock hexes. I like this setup a lot. Rollovers are a thing of the past now. I don’t think the Hot Racing 17mm extenders are necessary. Typhon arms plus Badlands are money.

Installed the Hot Racing shock bodies this evening. They seem nice and hopefully won’t leak. Building the shock was a little finicky. It’s not a complete shock and uses parts from the stock shocks (spring, metal rod and lower A arm connector). I put in 50 weight silicone shock oil. Wanted to try out something a bit heavier than stock. Will see how it goes.

I also ordered the HSP shocks from eBay but the Hot Racing ones came first. Maybe I’ll try a different weight oil in the HSP’s and see the difference it makes.

Also installed the T-Bone front bumper, wheelie bar and skid plate a few days ago.

The front bumper was hard to install, had to really stretch it to be able to screw into the front of the chassis, but now that it’s on it offers good protection. Wheelie bar allows the truck to flip over on full throttle, but the install was easy. I never flipped with the stock wheelie bar so that’s a bit disappointing. Skid plate seems fine and is doing the job. All the pieces from T-Bone seem stronger than stock.

Installed the Typhon arms and turnbuckles from Jennys RC today (couldn’t find the RPM version in stock anywhere that would ship to Canada for a reasonable price). The extra width is noticeable and appreciated even with the stock tires. I can still flip it on fast turns on grass but it’s much harder to do. Not sure why they didn’t make it this way out of the box. Wouldn’t have cost them any more.

For the turnbuckles it looks like you can reuse 2 of the 4 longer stock BRCC turnbuckles as the 2 shorter ones you need for the Typhon arms in the front. So at a minimum you will need to buy the 4 longer Typhon turnbuckles in order to install the Typhon arms in a BRCC.

Given the relatively low cost, this should be the first upgrade anyone makes to a BRCC in my opinion.

Getting new tires like Badlands and the Hot Racing hex extenders would stabilize things even more, but not essential in my opinion. I’ll probably do this when I need to replace the tires, but not before.

Ordered a front bumper, rear wheelie bar and the skid plate from T-bone. Cracked the stock wheelie bar and shipping was the same whether I ordered one thing or everything from T-Bone so figured why not get them all now.

Awaiting front and rear replacement shocks from eBay (the cheap HSP ones) as it has become clear that all 4 shocks have leaked out the majority of their fluid and are doing nothing at this point.

Also waiting for a variety of silicone shock fluids to arrive so I can’t even refill the stock shocks while I wait for the HSP shocks.

Still waiting for a rubber sealed bearing set to arrive. Would have been nice to do the Typhon arms and the bearings at the same time while everything was already taken apart.

And still waiting for the Flysky GT5. Can’t wait for that to arrive.
What rubber sealed bearing set did you order?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back