Kraton Tips to keep these from coming out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northeastflyer

live free or die
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
On both sides these come out sometimes. I think it’s when I am stopping with a lot of force. Any ideas to keep the axels? in?

Attachments

• F3AB866F-4B33-4AE9-8A82-6A430E508CB1.jpeg
    F3AB866F-4B33-4AE9-8A82-6A430E508CB1.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 38ABE724-5A4C-4ADE-BFAA-63F5EEA0BF90.jpeg
    38ABE724-5A4C-4ADE-BFAA-63F5EEA0BF90.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 58A05EF7-448D-4270-8694-5D5A39E1CBBA.jpeg
    58A05EF7-448D-4270-8694-5D5A39E1CBBA.jpeg
    387.9 KB · Views: 72
Something definitely doesn't look right. Can we get more in the pics. Like a whole left and right side shot.

Is that the rear?

The cups in the first two pictures look terrible. Definitely replace them.
These are the front. How hard is replacing the cups? What’s wrong do they look to loose?

I feel like it started after I installed the HR front hubs, + new rx and radio

Ok fronts. Easy fix.
For 1 the cups are mangled. If you can rebuild a diff it is as simple as that.
The washers on the top and bottom a arms behind the pillow balls. Remove them all. It sucks the hubs in just enough to hold tight.

These are the front. How hard is replacing the cups? What’s wrong do they look to loose?

I feel like it started after I installed the HR front hubs, + new rx and radio
They look chewed up, which happens when they pop out.

The best thing to do is to remove the spacers that sit between the pillow (or pillar) balls and the A-arm. Loosen the 4 pillow ball covers (you can take one of the screws out of each shock too - it makes it easier to manipulate the Arms) and use a 2.5 mm hex to unscrew the balls from the arms. I can remember it it's the top of the bottom arms that have the washer, but you have to take the ball all the off to get the washer off. The arm that has the clips you can just loosen the ball and take the clip out. Doing this will shorten the distance between the hubs and the diff outdrives and your cvd's should pop out anymore.

As far as replacing the outdrives, you have to take apart the diffs. If you haven't changed the bearings on them yet, this would be a good time to do that, replace the outdrives and change to diff oil ???

They look chewed up, which happens when they pop out.

The best thing to do is to remove the spacers that sit between the pillow (or pillar) balls and the A-arm. Loosen the 4 pillow ball covers (you can take one of the screws out of each shock too - it makes it easier to manipulate the Arms) and use a 2.5 mm hex to unscrew the balls from the arms. I can remember it it's the top of the bottom arms that have the washer, but you have to take the ball all the off to get the washer off. The arm that has the clips you can just loosen the ball and take the clip out. Doing this will shorten the distance between the hubs and the diff outdrives and your cvd's should pop out anymore.

As far as replacing the outdrives, you have to take apart the diffs. If you haven't changed the bearings on them yet, this would be a good time to do that, replace the outdrives and change to diff oil ???
Thanks for a great post. I know exactly the spacers. Remove them eh? Will do!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back