Outcast Tire ballooning???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sportbikeco

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
How much are you guys ballooning the stock backflips on 6s with speed gearing? Does it cause driveability issues?

How much would a set of racing truggy tires (proline, aka track tires and foams) balloon up on 6s compared to these monster tires?

It's pretty common with the Backflips on 6s,almost unavoidable that you'll crash once you get past 50mph or so.
You can wrap kevlar line or a strong fishing line around the tires to make it kind of like a belted tire to lesson ballooning.

I used tread and gorilla tape in the inside of my tires no more ballooning and handles great but I had to boil the tires for hours to get the glue off and I wiped them down with silicone to get the access glue off but works like a champ for 14$

And I brought three sets src belted tires 95$ dollars a set never balloons but the tape and thread works just the same way cheaper and I cleaned and re packed my bearings with grease
IMG_0302.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG

punching a hole in each tread before mounting also reduces ballooning. I have two pairs of badlands and one has holes punched. That one with holes hardly balloons at full throttle. Supposed to make for better traction and better jump handling (I read this on the ProLineRacing website. Step1: Vent wheels)
Although many already knows this info, I'm hoping to be helpful not redundant...
Best regards

I have not thought about venting preventing ballooning. I know al otof us here do punch a couple holes in the tread, but for a different reason. Almost all of the premounted tires we get have a small hole or 2 already in the wheel. as the wheel spins sand and water can and will enter those holes and unbalance the wheel. I always place a small square of duct tape or squirt a tiny bit of hot glue on that hole to seal it up. However, now the tire is fully sealed so it becomes bouncy. This is where punching a hole in the tread come in. It will allow airflow on the landing of a jump, but due to being on the outside of a spinning object, no dirt or water will enter and if it does it will be expelled as the tire spins.

Anyway, figured I would let you know to seal up the hole in the wheel and vent the tire.

I have not thought about venting preventing ballooning. I know al otof us here do punch a couple holes in the tread, but for a different reason. Almost all of the premounted tires we get have a small hole or 2 already in the wheel. as the wheel spins sand and water can and will enter those holes and unbalance the wheel. I always place a small square of duct tape or squirt a tiny bit of hot glue on that hole to seal it up. However, now the tire is fully sealed so it becomes bouncy. This is where punching a hole in the tread come in. It will allow airflow on the landing of a jump, but due to being on the outside of a spinning object, no dirt or water will enter and if it does it will be expelled as the tire spins.

Anyway, figured I would let you know to seal up the hole in the wheel and vent the tire.

Yes, exactly...FWIW I use black/clear Shoe Goo if I need to seal any holes in the wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back