Tire Compound Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdragon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi

On 4 wheel drive vehicles is it alright to mix an match different tire compounds? I don't mean every tire is made of a different compound, I mean the front has one type of compound tire and the back is another type of compound tire. Lets say hard tires in the back an soft tires in the front or vise versa.

No different size tires will cause the diffs to spin at different speeds which will then break them into pieces :D

I mean if there the same SIZE and Width but different compounds that should be fine as long as the rear and front spin at the same speed.

So yes and no :p

Hi

The tires are the same, its just one set is soft compound and the other set is medium compound. Would it be better the put the softer compound tires in the front or the back?

Odds are, if your running at high speed, they won't balloon the same, which will add stress to the center diff if you have one, or to the ring/pinion if you have a solid center axle with a slipper. I would assume the softer ones will balloon more, which means they will try pulling the truck faster than the rear ones are spinning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back