Mojave Tire Foam Degraded, bunched up and imbalances wheel - ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TL01magic

Reaction score
The foam in one of the wheels for my mojave has broke down and is all bunched up in one spot so greatly imbalances wheel.

any ideas on how to remove the foam / easiest way?

I once tried to remove tires superglued on wheels by boiling them in water; was terrible experience and did not work well.

is there an easier way?

I heard baking gets very smelly. Soaking in acetone was super easy. And I didn't use the acetone fumes method, which takes hours/days. I dunked my tires completely in acetone. Came off an about an hour. Only downside is you use a good amount of acetone.

I heard baking gets very smelly. Soaking in acetone was super easy. And I didn't use the acetone fumes method, which takes hours/days. I dunked my tires completely in acetone. Came off an about an hour. Only downside is you use a good amount of acetone.
The vapor method takes forever but it does eventually work without damaging anything. I tried soaking in acetone once, the tire swelled up and was completely ruined.

The vapor method takes forever but it does eventually work without damaging anything. I tried soaking in acetone once, the tire swelled up and was completely ruined.
Oh, I forgot to mention. I heard some tire compounds, especially specialized racing compounds, don't do well in acetone. Arrma Granite, Proline MX28's didn't seem to be adversely affected. The foams did expand, but after drying, they fit back into the tire.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I heard some tire compounds, especially specialized racing compounds, don't do well in acetone. Arrma Granite, Proline MX28's didn't seem to be adversely affected. The foams did expand, but after drying, they fit back into the tire.
Luckily it was just a set of stock Traxxas tires off a Stampede so I didn't really care too much as all I wanted was the wheels.

If you wrap the tires in aluminum foil and fold the edges over a few times then it traps pretty much all of the odor in the foil packet.

But more than one way to skin the cat in this situation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back