Typhon Tire glue and stock factory wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdub34

Reaction score
My stock tires appear to be well glued by the factory on my 6sv5 typhon. I check them before each pack and am wondering what’s the best glue readily available I don’t need to order if I see them start to loosen and the best way to apply it? I try to avoid running on concrete so I get some descent life out of the stock rubber? Also, do the stock wheels have vent holes drilled in them from the factory and if so is it a good idea to put some tape over them to keep dirt out? thanks

BSI IC-2000.
Bob Smith Industries. A good hobby grade glue for rubber. Some old school LHS's usually have it or know what it is.
Can get it on AMZ also. Get the larger bottle. It's cheaper.

thanks. I was hoping to buy locally. If I order any more rc stuff my ole lady is going to quit making hot meals. Best way to apply it so it’s done right the first time? thanks

Also, do the stock wheels have vent holes drilled in them from the factory and if so is it a good idea to put some tape over them to keep dirt out?
Yes they do. I've been wondering about this as well. I have a theory that when your tire balloons it sucks in more air and when the tire comes back to rest that air needs to escape. Taping would obviously be bad in that instance. Water will have a tough time getting in unless you are just standing in it. Nontheless I've heard people seal the holes.

I just use standard super glue. The stock wheels are vented on the inside of the rim. The tire itself is not vented externally from the factory. To vent or not to vent the external side of the tire and plug the inside vents is an argument in itself. I started by venting the tires externally with a soldering iron and sealing the inside holes. I personally noticed no difference so I just leave them with the internal holes. Unless I’m driving in sand, then I tape the internal holes up, then remove the tape when I’m done. Asphalt, grass, hard pack, I run them as they come.

Venting the outside and sealing the inside allows water to escape as the wheel spins. Water cannot escape the inner wheel vents. Also Ballooning has been said to be more evenly dispersed with outer tread venting. There were videos about this.

Here is a well known and admired AF member @bicketybam with his video.

Back