Tire glue suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob Smith IC-2000 is about the best CA out there for tires IMO

Bob Smith IC-2000 is about the best CA out there for tires IMO
Pretty much any of his glues are awesome, but I agree that the IC-2000 is one of the best, it is rubber reinforced and as far as I know is the only one that comes in black instead of clear.

As far as I know BSI is the OEM for many of the other companies CA glue. Not a lot of companies that actually make cyanoacrylate.

Last edited:
Can I use Gorilla Super Glue for my tires?
It's not the gel, I'd have to say medium thickness.
20190603_201543.jpg

I agree. It's best to get a specially formulated CA tire glue. It's made to be easy to apply and have excellent holding power.

Ok slick thanks, thought so but wanted to make sure.
It's pretty thick and doesn't work it's way down into the seam like thinner glue does.

I've had good luck with Team Losi thin and AKA glue. You just have to make sure the tire is exactly where you want it as the thin stuff bonds near instantly.

AKA also comes with a nice little thin tube that you can cut off 5mm of, poke in the end of the bottle, then apply glue. Throw away the piece of tube, clean the end of the bottle with acetone, then put it in the fridge. Been using the same bottle for going on a year now. Just recently ordered a couple more bottles and extra tube. Was the first time I ever got something like that and surprised how well it works. Proline included little tips, but those clog after using them even if you run acetone through and if you don't get the tip completely clean, the next tip doesn't stick on very well. The small tube for AKA worked way better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back