tire glue - what can I use from the hardware store?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all - picked up Simple Green, Krazy Glue, and Gorilla Glue today. Wheels are clean and drying (plus new bumper and wing mounts and shock eyelet...). Will Krazy Glue the tires tomorrow (seems like the weight of preferences over GG) and see how it goes.

Really appreciate all the input! And actually surprising myself that I'm enjoying learning all this stuff, and doing the work. Thus far not difficult so far once I'm pointed in the right direction, and satisfying.

Thanks all - picked up Simple Green, Krazy Glue, and Gorilla Glue today. Wheels are clean and drying (plus new bumper and wing mounts and shock eyelet...). Will Krazy Glue the tires tomorrow (seems like the weight of preferences over GG) and see how it goes.

Really appreciate all the input! And actually surprising myself that I'm enjoying learning all this stuff, and doing the work. Thus far not difficult so far once I'm pointed in the right direction, and satisfying.

Sounds like you're having a good time and feels good, man. ? Worth it.

Yes. I prefer thinner glues, not the gel kind but the runny ones. They set instantly though so make sure everything lines up :)

That will save me some money. Never thought picture super glue would be good for glueing brand new tires. Will definitley try it out , thanks!

Gorilla glue is too thick, was a PITA for me, does not wick well like thin CA. Will never use Gorilla again for gluing tires to wheels.

I use this because it gives 5-10 mins of work time before setting up, downside is 24hrs for “full cure” but it is the strongest ca I’ve ever used.

Attachments

• 32AB7EDE-EA5C-462E-8935-B7EEDFF2E9A3.jpeg
    32AB7EDE-EA5C-462E-8935-B7EEDFF2E9A3.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 54
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back