Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Tire offset question

Discussion in 'Nero, Big Rock & Fazon' started by Julian, Sep 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Julian

Julian Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    Guys - Im looking at a set of Duratrax Six Pack Mt's for my Nero. There are two choices - same price but one is "offset" and the other is not. Whats the difference and which one is for the NERO?

Got the BIG nasty Super Swampers & BigJoe2s on the team [email protected]@@@

Thanks!
    Julian

Attached Files:

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

@Julian, you could use either one. The set with an offset will give you a wider stance.

3. Julian

Julian Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    Thanks woody. Question. I put the big joes on the Nero yesterday and threw the super swampers on the Kraton v2 for jumping. Great time but I noticed that when I fully accelerated on pavement - the ballooning was crazy( expected ) but I also saw that the trucks rear tires started shaking when I went over, say, 20 mph or do. Wheelie bar shakes like crazy so I'm thinking they are not balanced or something? They do the same thing when they are on the Kraton but much less with my 10 year olds 4S Lipos. The SuperSwampers - they are fine on the Kraton - no shudder, no vibration and on4S - no ballooning. I ordered a set of trencherXs and a set of Louise MT 3.8s. Never heard of Louise but man - they LOOK sick. Hoping they don't balloon too much. I wish prolines would come out with 6S MT wheels & tires that will not tear and balloon. I have the SRC terrain crushers but need two more - I guess they are the only garaunteed option...

Attached Files:

4. TzuTzu77

TzuTzu77 Well-Known Member

Louise = Duratrax, just cheaper.

5. Julian

Julian Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    Will they balloon on 6S?

6. TzuTzu77

TzuTzu77 Well-Known Member

Yes, they are very soft, they baloon hard on 4s. Don't have them on the Nero but had them on a Thunder Tiger emta.
    This is a picture of them on a friend's Kraton on 4s.
    Not a bad tire, they have lots of grip and are light, but for sure not built for speed.

Attached Files:

7. Julian

Julian Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    Thanks for the info - will use for snow I suppose and jumps and mud. Im guessing the ideal wheels for asphalt are the Boots stocks - just very annoying that Ive shredded them within a few weeks on both the Nero & the Kraton. I DO have the SRC Terrain Crushers but need to get two more. I also have recently started jumping and LOVE the fat tires for stability and landings..

8. Kalifa3001

Kalifa3001 New Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fazon
    What would be a good tire for the nero that doesn't ballon much for pavement

9. Happy673

Happy673 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Nero, Outcast
    How do you like your nero? Do you like the Nero better than the kraton? I have a revo 6s and I really want an arrma but I can't decide if I should get the nero, kraton or outcast. Any suggestions ?

10. arrmaracing

arrmaracing Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Kraton, Outcast, Senton, Talion, Typhon
    So does that mean i can use any tire with my arrma kraton, outcast and talion. I always get confused with thise offset ratings. What is the preferred for each car?

11. RxMonkey

RxMonkey Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast, Senton
    Yes. The only issue I could see would be a bigger tire could have trouble with clearance. When the front wheels turn it might hit the chassis or bumper etc. offset wheels would make this less likely. It’s more important on a wide tire like the trenchers. Something more narrow like badlands would be less likely to be a problem. The kraton/outcast are wider than the talion as I understand. This means talion would be more likely than the others to need the offset to clear. I think in general most any common mt tire will fit all 3 trucks without issue.

arrmaracing likes this.
  12. arrmaracing

arrmaracing Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Kraton, Outcast, Senton, Talion, Typhon
    Thanks for clearing that up. Makes perfect sense.

13. Iamtheoutcast

Iamtheoutcast Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Outcast, Typhon
    How do u like the super stampers on the kraton I like how they look I run big tires on mine to and been looking at the super swampers. 20180312_152236.jpg 20180327_051657.jpg

I mono wrapped my trencher 3.8s and u went tare them on 6s that way I have the proline mashers 3.8s for the kraton 2 but I really like how those swampers look 20180321_193521.jpg 20180307_083401.jpg

14. Iamtheoutcast

Iamtheoutcast Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Outcast, Typhon
    Great pic those are some pizza cutters

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer