Tire offset question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Guys - Im looking at a set of Duratrax Six Pack Mt's for my Nero. There are two choices - same price but one is "offset" and the other is not. Whats the difference and which one is for the NERO?

Got the BIG nasty Super Swampers & BigJoe2s on the team today@@@@

Thanks!
Julian

Attachments

• IMG_3174.JPG
    IMG_3174.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_3152.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 137
@Julian, you could use either one. The set with an offset will give you a wider stance.
Thanks woody. Question. I put the big joes on the Nero yesterday and threw the super swampers on the Kraton v2 for jumping. Great time but I noticed that when I fully accelerated on pavement - the ballooning was crazy( expected ) but I also saw that the trucks rear tires started shaking when I went over, say, 20 mph or do. Wheelie bar shakes like crazy so I'm thinking they are not balanced or something? They do the same thing when they are on the Kraton but much less with my 10 year olds 4S Lipos. The SuperSwampers - they are fine on the Kraton - no shudder, no vibration and on4S - no ballooning. I ordered a set of trencherXs and a set of Louise MT 3.8s. Never heard of Louise but man - they LOOK sick. Hoping they don't balloon too much. I wish prolines would come out with 6S MT wheels & tires that will not tear and balloon. I have the SRC terrain crushers but need two more - I guess they are the only garaunteed option...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 117
Yes, they are very soft, they baloon hard on 4s. Don't have them on the Nero but had them on a Thunder Tiger emta.
This is a picture of them on a friend's Kraton on 4s.
Not a bad tire, they have lots of grip and are light, but for sure not built for speed.

Attachments

• 20160712_210959_Burst07-01.jpeg
    20160712_210959_Burst07-01.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 20160712_210828_Burst10-01.jpeg
    20160712_210828_Burst10-01.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 137
Yes, they are very soft, they baloon hard on 4s. Don't have them on the Nero but had them on a Thunder Tiger emta.
Not a bad tire, they have lots of grip and are light, but for sure not built for speed.
Thanks for the info - will use for snow I suppose and jumps and mud. Im guessing the ideal wheels for asphalt are the Boots stocks - just very annoying that Ive shredded them within a few weeks on both the Nero & the Kraton. I DO have the SRC Terrain Crushers but need to get two more. I also have recently started jumping and LOVE the fat tires for stability and landings..

Thanks for the info - will use for snow I suppose and jumps and mud. Im guessing the ideal wheels for asphalt are the Boots stocks - just very annoying that Ive shredded them within a few weeks on both the Nero & the Kraton. I DO have the SRC Terrain Crushers but need to get two more. I also have recently started jumping and LOVE the fat tires for stability and landings..
How do you like your nero? Do you like the Nero better than the kraton? I have a revo 6s and I really want an arrma but I can't decide if I should get the nero, kraton or outcast. Any suggestions ?

So does that mean i can use any tire with my arrma kraton, outcast and talion. I always get confused with thise offset ratings. What is the preferred for each car?

Yes. The only issue I could see would be a bigger tire could have trouble with clearance. When the front wheels turn it might hit the chassis or bumper etc. offset wheels would make this less likely. It’s more important on a wide tire like the trenchers. Something more narrow like badlands would be less likely to be a problem. The kraton/outcast are wider than the talion as I understand. This means talion would be more likely than the others to need the offset to clear. I think in general most any common mt tire will fit all 3 trucks without issue.

Yes. The only issue I could see would be a bigger tire could have trouble with clearance. When the front wheels turn it might hit the chassis or bumper etc. offset wheels would make this less likely. It’s more important on a wide tire like the trenchers. Something more narrow like badlands would be less likely to be a problem. The kraton/outcast are wider than the talion as I understand. This means talion would be more likely than the others to need the offset to clear. I think in general most any common mt tire will fit all 3 trucks without issue.

Thanks for clearing that up. Makes perfect sense.

Thanks woody. Question. I put the big joes on the Nero yesterday and threw the super swampers on the Kraton v2 for jumping. Great time but I noticed that when I fully accelerated on pavement - the ballooning was crazy( expected ) but I also saw that the trucks rear tires started shaking when I went over, say, 20 mph or do. Wheelie bar shakes like crazy so I'm thinking they are not balanced or something? They do the same thing when they are on the Kraton but much less with my 10 year olds 4S Lipos. The SuperSwampers - they are fine on the Kraton - no shudder, no vibration and on4S - no ballooning. I ordered a set of trencherXs and a set of Louise MT 3.8s. Never heard of Louise but man - they LOOK sick. Hoping they don't balloon too much. I wish prolines would come out with 6S MT wheels & tires that will not tear and balloon. I have the SRC terrain crushers but need two more - I guess they are the only garaunteed option...

How do u like the super stampers on the kraton I like how they look I run big tires on mine to and been looking at the super swampers.
20180312_152236.jpg
20180327_051657.jpg

I mono wrapped my trencher 3.8s and u went tare them on 6s that way I have the proline mashers 3.8s for the kraton 2 but I really like how those swampers look
20180321_193521.jpg
20180307_083401.jpg

Great pic those are some pizza cutters

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back