Tire removal question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the funniest thread of my short arrma forum existence 😂😂😂 I literally laughed out loud like 5 times 😂😂😂😂. Great write up thoughts and all.

This is the funniest thread of my short arrma forum existence 😂😂😂 I literally laughed out loud like 5 times 😂😂😂😂. Great write up thoughts and all.
Should have been here. Make coffee or something 😂
Thanks man, there are far funnier smarter folk on here…Just stick around.

Well, after sitting in acetone for several weeks I got…nothing. Ugh. So I washed off the wheels and used a nail clipper and screwdriver to pull out the tire rim and then soaked in Goo Off over night and finished cleaning the next day. My tires/foams are in, all ready to mount and balance.

B7E628F7-D574-4A42-85DE-18B83E2018AA.jpeg

Mounting the tire seems easy but making sure there are no wobbles and also balancing them is a pain…but worth it. Just one wheel I couldn’t get the wobble out so I tested the rim and yup, slightly wobbly.
Balancing I think is important. More so then wobbles to me. I use the front end of a 2wd voltage, mount 2 wheels, spin and use lead tape to balance. If real bad I pull the wheels off and reset.

For glueing the tires I like old school super glue, the runny one. Squirt some in at each ‘corner’, front and back, then mount on the voltage and spin hard a few times to distribute evenly, then let sit 24hrs. They are solid tight here the next day.

The voltage rims are strong 2.8 nylon and fit the voltage great. The tires are super thin with little traction. On Amazon I can get decent 5” 2.8 tires that come on crap rims or no rims for $25 so it was worth the hassle.

4B447A23-1A1F-4C09-A8A4-A16BF08825FC.jpeg

36DABADD-4363-4628-BBFE-C493F4CB835F.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, after sitting in acetone for several weeks I got…nothing. Ugh. So I washed off the wheels and used a nail clipper and screwdriver to pull out the tire rim and then soaked in Goo Off over night and finished cleaning the next day. My tires/foams are in, all ready to mount and balance.

View attachment 151933
Mounting the tire seems easy but making sure there are no wobbles and also balancing them is a pain…but worth it. Just one wheel I couldn’t get the wobble out so I tested the rim and yup, slightly wobbly.
Balancing I think is important. More so then wobbles to me. I use the front end of a 2wd voltage, mount 2 wheels, spin and use lead tape to balance. If real bad I pull the wheels off and reset.

For glueing the tires I like old school super glue, the runny one. Squirt some in at each ‘corner’, front and back, then mount on the voltage and spin hard a few times to distribute evenly, then let sit 24hrs. They are solid tight here the next day.

The voltage rims are strong 2.8 nylon and fit the voltage great. The tires are super thin with little traction. On Amazon I can get decent 5” 2.8 tires that come on crap rims or no rims for $25 so it was worth the hassle.

View attachment 151934

View attachment 151938
Nice job! Glad it worked out for you.

Nice job! Glad it worked out for you.
Next time (got three of these) I’ll try 300 degrees, 45 min. Then if still all still stuck up I’ll just use goo off, soak em for a week. 24 hours in goo off weakened everything better than a week in acetone go figure.

A week in acetone didn't budge, that's amazing. I've never dismounted tires. Once they're on the rim, they're married, and you know how messy divorce can be... Somebody ends up losing skin.

A week in acetone didn't budge, that's amazing. I've never dismounted tires. Once they're on the rim, they're married, and you know how messy divorce can be... Somebody ends up losing skin.
It’s a pain but needed to learn. Or wanted to needed to learn…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back