Tire rubbing on toe link and suspension setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Okay, After my first run on my Outcast, I noticed the tire is rubbing on the front toe link. It dug pretty deep into the plastic now. No damage to the wheel. Is the only fix hex extenders?

Next, is the suspension set up for jumps? I jump about 5-10ft high. When even I land it usually bounces from what I know is too much preload. I run 80wt. I turned the preload down to about half an inch in the front. For the rear its abt .7 inches. It would be nice if I can get a picture of someone's truck with the preload in view. My truck weighs around 13.5lbs. Thank you

I run 100 weight in my rigs, I found that to help a lot and also the m2c pistons are supposed to help I have never done a side by side comparision but I do run them on my fireteam. I have tried the m2c caps in the past but I can never get the dang things to sit right and they end up leaking all over the place so I avoid them now

I just did some backflip lp's on my fireteam and because it uses the narrower hubs it was rubbing. I wanted to avoid adding width so I reset the end points and gave up a slight amount of turning angle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back