Tire shredder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look into Method RC tires . A new company and many like their stuff. Belted and all.
But yes belted tires are generally heavier. Depends so much on the Brand and specific size tire. Are Harder, less forgiving traction wise IMHO. A slight trade off at times. Yet some Belted tires can weigh a ton. No good at all. (n)I find that I prefer non belted for Off road running most of the time. All my off road rigs drive way better. Just me. Been there.
My next brand to try would be Method RC belted tires to try out.
I am a tire monger, and like to try many types. I have bins full of tires here. They do get expensive however.
Tires need to be perfectly glued up, Vented at the Center Tread, (1/8" holes at 2 places opposing) and I always go the extra mile and Balance ALL my tires using Hobby Clay and a wheel balancer.
BTW, Never Vent BELTED tires. Leave as is. Or you will compromise the Belts for sure.
Doing this with my tires for over 20 years.:cool:

Last edited:
Ok, so I went out and got new belted tires. Worked great, and look great….issue though is when fully racking out the servo to either side, the different offset allows the wheels to make contact with the upper control arm. This is definitely a learn as you go hobby. Also note to self….make sure nylon nuts are tight! Lost a new 12mm hex.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not going to worry about warranty claim for this. Would take longer than just buying a new one.

I’ve had that happen on a couple of granite wheels. Combination of diffing out and also the factory not gluing it properly. Horizon responded to the warranty claim and got me a new set of 2 tires out within a week.

Email them at: [email protected]
Include a copy of your receipt, name an address, pictures and description of the issue. You’ll probably get an email back asking for all the information again, so provide it to them again (jump through the hoops) and you should get a response pretty quick.

Make sure to look over all of your new wheels carefully and reinforce the bead with superglue. also look for areas that aren’t fully glued and make sure they hit them hard. You should actually do this every couple runs to catch any glue release issues before they happen.

New here. First large RC in my life! How does this happen? First day out and it literally shreads a tire! By the way, they make it look so easy driving these things online!

View attachment 203382
Haha welcome to the club bought my son and I the same rigs you have. First day out full speed he rolled his on its roof still held the throttle down and shredded both back tires. An expensive half hour of fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back