Tire suggestions for senton 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saladfingerz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vendetta
I have already tried street tires on the senton and I'm not a huge fan. The stock dboot fortress tires seem to get me the best grip on hard surfaces and off road. But the biggest problem is running fortresses on concrete just eats them up on the senton. I run my senton at least 1 hr a day on the weekdays (because i take it to work and use it on my breaks) rain or shine and I'll run the tires until the are so worn they fall apart or blow up. I probably have close to 40 hrs of run time on the senton in the month and a half I have owned it and I have already gone through 3 sets of tires. Anyone got any suggestions for after market off road tires that work good. Possibly not requiring a hex conversion?

Last edited:
Just that a hex conversion opens you up to better/more options. Hoons (17mm hex) would be great for pavement. Perhaps check out Method RC tires for your rig .
Seems you want a tire to be best on both dirt AND pavement. A tall order there.:unsure: I would try to have 2 different sets for both types of terrain.
How I always fly. I keep 2 sets always in my car along with my rig. So I have the option to bash wherever I end up.
Getting more use out them in the long run.
The 4x4 Fortess doesn't last long according to many, even on dirt. Pavement will always smoke them up quickly. It is meant as an off road tire.

Last edited:
I went with the 12mm hex, opens you up to tons of tire options. Duratrax has some well reviewed tires in 12mm.

Just that a hex conversion opens you up to better/more options. Hoons (17mm hex) would be great for pavement. Perhaps check out Method RC tires for your rig .
Seems you want a tire to be best on both dirt AND pavement. A tall order there.:unsure: I would try to have 2 different sets for both types of terrain.
How I always fly. I keep 2 sets always in my car along with my rig. So I have the option to bash wherever I end up.
Getting more use out them in the long run.
The 4x4 Fortess doesn't last long according to many, even on dirt. Pavement will always smoke them up quickly. It is meant as an off road tire.
I really like to keep the off road tires on because I drive on both every day and I don't wanna have to change out my tires every time I change surfaces. But I guess what it sounds like is I'm kinda just gonna have to settle with wearing out tires quick 🤷‍♂️ is there any better off road tires that may last longer than the fortresses or are cheaper you may suggest?
Hoons 11s on the senton might be a good st tire?, Both 14 hex.
I guess I could slap on the spare set of 11s that I got for my vendetta on it and see how it rolls. Probably gonna look goofy af though

Last edited:
I bought arrma 12mm hexes and these tires for my senton.

Great upgrade. It’s a harder tire than the stock senton tire and seems way more durable. Slightly less traction though.

Last edited:
I'm currently testing cheap hobbysoul tires I got from Amazon. Ca - still a soft compound probably no good for what you're doing so if you spot them, keep looking for a harder compound

I went with the 12mm hex, opens you up to tons of tire options. Duratrax has some well reviewed tires in 12mm.
Need to wait for the rain to stop but here they are, they look good too 👍. Also if you want to never buy another senton bumper again check out the mod 😉.

20220507_163901.jpg

20220507_210417.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back