Kraton Tire type???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just put on my kraton 6s some fireteam wheeels and tires. How many think this will add stress to all parts? They are just a little bit heavier than the stock kraton wheels. Was that a bad move on my part? Should I keep the wheeelz and tires near the same weight as stock? What are your opinions??

I say send it, remember that the Fireteam is much heavier than the Kraton and it runs the same power system. Just keep an eye on temps to be safe.

I say send it, remember that the Fireteam is much heavier than the Kraton and it runs the same power system. Just keep an eye on temps to be safe.
I had dual fans on my motor but on my last outing I broke the wing mount watching it fly off the ramp instead of correcting the landing and the fans broke also. So I’m replacing the dual fans with one 40mm fan and arrma heat sink. That should be enough to keep the temps under control. What do you think??

The FT wheels have less rolling resistance. Are narrower and Balloon way less. And I felt they were a bit lighter. They come glued up very well compared to 6s BF's and CH2's. But double check them and Add CA as needed. As with any new tires.
I would absolutely recommend balancing them, using hobby clay and a Wheel balancer. They need it badly.
Will be no issues running these at all.
Just don't expect the same traction as a BF or CH2.
Tires can be subjective to how and where you drive.

1671337928660.png

Last edited:
The FT wheels have less rolling resistance. Are narrower and Balloon way less. And I felt they were a bit lighter. They come glued up very well compared to 6s BF's and CH2's. But double check them and Add CA as needed. As with any new tires.
I would absolutely recommend balancing them, using hobby clay and a Wheel balancer. They need it badly.
Will be no issues running these at all.
Just don't expect the same traction as a BF or CH2.
Tires can be subjective to how and where you drive.

View attachment 263388

I really should get a wheel balancer and some clay.

Many don't bother to balance. But I feel it makes a noticeable difference. Especially at high speed. Unbalanced Causes the steering to drift. Taxes the servo etc. Vibrates the arms and shocks violently IMHO.
A pound of Hobby Clay is cheap and a Factory Team Associated balancer is not tragic. The tires are really off if you don't.
Go for it.:)

Many don't bother to balance. But I feel it makes a noticeable difference. Especially at high speed. Unbalanced Causes the steering to drift. Taxes the servo etc. Vibrates the arms and shocks violently IMHO.
A pound of Hobby Clay is cheap and a Factory Team Associated balancer is not tragic. The tires are really off if you don't.
Go for it.:)
This one? https://www.amazon.com/Factory-Team-Universal-Tire-Balancer/dp/B078T72B2F

-Edit- And this is why I like eBay so much better than Amazon https://www.ebay.com/itm/134118844953?hash=item1f3a1b2a19:g:AUkAAOSwp2lgivNG&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4Kmk/uyvBSTRDopxWT6HJj/afZmDC58kUKfi8Z4CiqCCJ7tS4hXaksKBjbv4OXsLcLMuiFEM05VJ8C/TletyKCN5CpaQCauhu4YW6oUdU4f6A7rYaKR3UaN0+vVV5qnsO60QIuTcwOTUp64yaNyolsKW0XMgo6qoLyFeUJaT/esLCzAB/LE3eQiPYgUhbqkkqlZsJm5yb+KOHwqY31UsAUungcOQ0/5oVWMTAJSiHKp/H5jvDH4LAdCBPUym02mWfy0oEM8ZuMdIwyUdFA8w7OWPjQH+jxpfmL0DLISt2AVn|tkp:Bk9SR5yXwbmkYQ I can have it by Tuesday from Liquid Rc Amazon says the 28th at the soonest................................

That's the one. (y) I took the BB's out and cleaned them out of any grease. And put just one drop of oil on them. Needed to do this with light smaller wheels. Better accuracy. With MT tires not necessary.
Comes with barely enough clay for larger MT tires. You will need to buy some Hobby clay. Any Craft hobby store has it. I buy it by the pound. I have dozens of sets of tires here. Every single wheel I've balanced. For 30 years doing this.
The little amount of clay that comes with the FT balancer is enough for a set or 2 of 1/10 Touring cars, if that. Maybe GRPs or Hoons even. I might do a rebalance once or twice in the life of the tire, if that.
Do any Gluing FIRST. I use a Hex nut placed in the wheel hub as an adapter for the balancer. I hold the balancer mounted on the outside of the wheel. easier to install the clay, then check and add or remove clay as needed. A sharpie used to mark the light part of the wheel, exactly where you will place the clay.

>>Ideally you would break-in a New set first, before balancing them for one lipo run. The Foams will spread out better . Then balance them.
There will always be that one or two tires that has a wobble or balances worst than the rest. I put them as my Rear tires.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back