Tire unglued

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacktavious

ora et labora
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Typhon 3s
So I had a backflip come unglued about an inch longe on one wheel. Should I pull the tire completely off and reglue or just glue the spot that came loose? It doesn’t look like there was any glue on it to start with... Feeling kind of lazy, but I don’t want any problems.

So I had a backflip come unglued about an inch longe on one wheel. Should I pull the tire completely off and reglue or just glue the spot that came loose? It doesn’t look like there was any glue on it to start with... Feeling kind of lazy, but I don’t want any problems.
I’ve always just glued the bad spot. If it’s dirty clean it up with IPA and q-tips.

Sounds good to me. Appreciate it sir.
FWIW, I had to glue my MX28s last summer and did what I said above and they have held well ever since. I did it mid bash and let them sit for all of five to ten minutes before giving them another run and they never came unglued again. I used Bob Smith Industries BSI-130 glue and would highly recommend getting their new IC-2000 glue. I haven’t needed the new stuff yet but BSI says it’s better than the 130 I already had been using, and that’s saying something. ??

Edit: fixed typo above. IC not IS ??‍♂️

Last edited:
Is there a particular brand IPA you recommend? I have some Bells Two Hearted, but I'd hate to waste that? Will Goose Island work?? (Seriously though, what is IPA?)
Isopropyl Alcohol ??? Bell’s is good stuff tho! ????

Can't find any reference to ls-2000 (typo?):unsure:

Any CA will work, preferred is 'thin'. It will creep into the little crevices like nothing else. A little drop and you can 'walk' it around the tire.

Super secret advise:
Store your CA in an air tight container with a de-humidifier pack. It will never dry out. 3 yrs on mine now after wasting money on this previously every 6-8 month. CA only reacts to moisture in the air.

Something like this but any brand works:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FUFWN8Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can't find any reference to ls-2000 (typo?):unsure:

Any CA will work, preferred is 'thin'. It will creep into the little crevices like nothing else. A little drop and you can 'walk' it around the tire.

Super secret advise:
Store your CA in an air tight container with a de-humidifier pack. It will never dry out. 3 yrs on mine now after wasting money on this previously every 6-8 month. CA only reacts to moisture in the air.

Something like this but any brand works:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FUFWN8Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Bob Smith Industries BSI-118 IC-2000 Rubber Toughened CA Glue, 1 oz, Black

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back