Felony Tire wear trade off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevecroft1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
When I first ran my felony the felt amazing big wide drifts sort circle's whatever it was easy but the tires lasted 2 or 3 packs. So I levelled out the camber and played with the toe and caster a bit and also preloaded the springs a bit, as a result the wear is a whole lot better I still have tred after 7 packs and surprisingly even front to back but the back end is now very lose and unpredictable.
So my question is, is this the trade off or can you have both with the right set up
I'm going to grps after this set (just waiting on a gp5 diff)so will have to start the set up from scratch but it's all good info if anyone can help

My recipe is softer preload in the rear and silver Hoons. With heavy drifting I get through 6 packs.
Cheers mate that was what I was thinking of next I think I have the rear set at 4.2mm so I might take it back to 2mm or just all the way to 0, do you run any pre load or is it just wound off?

Cheers mate that was what I was thinking of next I think I have the rear set at 4.2mm so I might take it back to 2mm or just all the way to 0, do you run any pre load or is it just wound off?
I run about 2mm in back. The back end is nice and predictable too.

When I first ran my felony the felt amazing big wide drifts sort circle's whatever it was easy but the tires lasted 2 or 3 packs. So I levelled out the camber and played with the toe and caster a bit and also preloaded the springs a bit, as a result the wear is a whole lot better I still have tred after 7 packs and surprisingly even front to back but the back end is now very lose and unpredictable.
So my question is, is this the trade off or can you have both with the right set up
I'm going to grps after this set (just waiting on a gp5 diff)so will have to start the set up from scratch but it's all good info if anyone can help

There are lots of thread on this on the Felony with the title like "Fat Ass" or Loose as Taco Bell" etc.... in reference to how easily the back end breaks away on the Felony. Just the tires and width of the rear just no real fix for it as stock. If you are a heavy throttle person like me keeping it under power in drift the back-end just swings around unpredictable with 360s or 180s...

There are lots of thread on this on the Felony with the title like "Fat Ass" or Loose as Taco Bell" etc.... in reference to how easily the back end breaks away on the Felony. Just the tires and width of the rear just no real fix for it as stock. If you are a heavy throttle person like me keeping it under power in drift the back-end just swings around unpredictable with 360s or 180s...
Iv done the conversion to the same size tyre so I can run grp's. Iv run s2 and s7 revos, it's still a handful but even on the s7 the ballance is much better now im trying to dial out some high speed understeer but as far as I can tell its more about driving style.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back