Tire/wheel balancing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kauaiguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
My Kraton with stock tires/wheels shimmys at high speed.What are you guys using for wheel balancing and does the clay really stay on?

My Kraton with stock tires/wheels shimmys at high speed.What are you guys using for wheel balancing and does the clay really stay on?
Tried to balance my stock Kraton wheels,but they are so far off.I used car wheel weights,but it was taking to much to balance.My badlands came in,so i gave those a shot.They took very little clay to balance right up .My guess is the stockers are way out of balance!

Tried to balance my stock Kraton wheels,but they are so far off.I used car wheel weights,but it was taking to much to balance.My badlands came in,so i gave those a shot.They took very little clay to balance right up .My guess is the stockers are way out of balance!
Now my badlands are out of balance,does dust get sucked into the tires breather holes??

my Terrain Crushers are horribly out of balance. I ran them on smooth concrete in my parking garage and the wobble was nuts
My tires are filling with dirt and sand through the breather holes,what are you guys doing to stop this?

My tires are filling with dirt and sand through the breather holes,what are you guys doing to stop this?
Took two tire/ wheels apart,they where full of sand and the foam had ripped on both.Do a seal up the holes??

Took two tire/ wheels apart,they where full of sand and the foam had ripped on both.Do a seal up the holes??
I don't think some scotch tape over the holes would hurt. It would probably come loose over the hole but still keep debris out? Just a thought...

I have had the same issue on my granite. If you are not paying attention it can get far enough out of balance to break stuff.

My theory is that the soil gets in there as a slurry (ie suspended in water) while roosting through mud puddles or waves at the beach. The tires spin mixing up the slurry, then they balloon which creates a vacuum inside the tire and sucks the slurry in through any opening. The water makes its way back out leaving most of the soil behind.

Liquid tape might work better to seal up the holes. Also make sure your beads are fully glued.

I received my Proline Mx38 yesterday and gave them a 4s test,while i like these tires alot two of them are glued to the rim crooked.My proline Badlands 2.8's also have two good and two crooked.Is this the norm for Proline tire/wheels?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back