Tire/wheel upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jung187

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey guys!

I have the base line Granite Mega and recently swapped over to a 2slipo. Wow! It really woak that little brushed motor up. So much better than NIHM battery.

I run my Granite on pavement and short grass and want maximum speed out of it. GPS had me top out at 24.3mph. Hit the wheel bearing with some WD-40 silicone and got 25.1mph. Noticed a bit to much wheel wobble in the fronts. Wheels look to be out of balance..

Anyone have suggestions on a better wheel/tire setup? What's the hex size on these guys?

Thanks

Hi

Hex size is 12mm. And just a heads up, the steering bellcranks on these things is poorly designed and is part of the wobble you are experiencing. Also check to make sure the screw that holds the servo horn to the servo is not to long, if it is you will get even more wobble. One other tip, start looking for a new motor, that 2s is going to burn that stock motor out relatively quickly.

Thank for the info! I most likely will be checking out some of the aluminum steering/caster parts that Hot Racing carriers for them. Looking to get every mph out of this brushed motor setup. Is there a larger brushed motor I can drop in without having to go to brushless?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back