Big Rock Tire wobbling, how to fix it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to modify Steel Turnbuckle, but didn't help.

Normal from my point of view. I buy new tires like the bad Duratrax although not the best I still like them for the look and white lettering. Proline not so bad compared to the two...

Regardless, mine had some wobble. I balance them with clay when new (or rebalance if ever needed). Although the wobble is still there it is a balanced tire, drives straight, and I have no issues with the wobble.

So if you have nothing bend in the suspension, arms, turnbuckles, etc. then just balance and bash....

Rotate the tires. If the front right always wobbles no matter which tire is on it, check the right front assembly. Make sure all screws are tightened, especially the axle screw, make sure all bearings are fully seated and rolling smoothly.

If the same tire wobbles no matter where you put it, you can try to balance the tire or try a warranty replacement.

My bro had the same issue on his and the end drive shaft was not square where the bearing sat on it. He got a replacement from the supplier after sending detailed pics/vids

I seen a few post on this on FB yesterday
a preventative.
Don’t leave the car on it’s wheels when not in use to avoid flat spots in the foam that make the Tyre out of balance

I seen a few post on this on FB yesterday
a preventative.
Don’t leave the car on it’s wheels when not in use to avoid flat spots in the foam that make the Tyre out of balance

Yep...I buy the cheap yoga blocks off Amazon and cut them to size to keep my rigs off the wheels when sitting...

Looks like the tires are unbalanced to me. 🤷‍♂️ I don't balance my bashers, but I also keep all of my rigs on RC stands or yoga blocks to keep from getting flat spots in the tires.

My big rock wobbles under no weight. But on the ground it tracks straight for the most part. Disassembled the axles and all that to threadlock and clean and when I put it all back it took lots of the wobble out. Not all. But 40%. Try that

I use just a small step stool. Sitting diagonal works great

20210609_002927.jpg

Also try balancing the wheels should help
Balancing helps more than worrying bout wobbles. Wobbles don’t affect much but balancing can. I have several 2 Wheel Dr. cars that I pay particular attention to because it just throws them off jumping when they’re out of balance. My 4 x 4s I balance out of the box and then don’t worry about it until service time.

Back