Tired Of Breaking Fan Blades? Try This...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even with all the blades those fans don't do much of anything especially in higher heat.
Yeah these fans seem pretty :poop:y the little O-ring that is supposed to hold the blades in does nothing.
Unlike our dads this thing just pulled out, even after I reinstalled the O-ring.
20210725_171427.jpg

Good day everyone.
Came here after my first fan in the MAX6 broke. Already got new one delivered, so looking for a solution.
IMG_20211020_214159.jpg

I don't think I understand the problem though, you say the blades are hitting the top guard of the ESC, right?
Thats this part you mean, correct?
IMG_20211020_214229.jpg

Well, looking at my fan, the top side facing this guard should be the side with the sticker and plastic arms. I mean, look at the airflow arrow. You want it taking the hot air from the ESC and blowing it outside through the top guard. But then how are the blades hitting the guard and how is the mesh helping it at all? (I use it to prevent rocks)
IMG_20211020_225055.jpg

There must be something I am missing.
Thank you anyone for pointing me the correct direction.

Good day everyone.
Came here after my first fan in the MAX6 broke. Already got new one delivered, so looking for a solution.
View attachment 175271

I don't think I understand the problem though, you say the blades are hitting the top guard of the ESC, right?
Thats this part you mean, correct?
View attachment 175272

Well, looking at my fan, the top side facing this guard should be the side with the sticker and plastic arms. I mean, look at the airflow arrow. You want it taking the hot air from the ESC and blowing it outside through the top guard. But then how are the blades hitting the guard and how is the mesh helping it at all? (I use it to prevent rocks)
View attachment 175273

There must be something I am missing.
Thank you anyone for pointing me the correct direction.
No you want it blowing the air onto the esc.

That explains it completely, I think my fan was other way up when I took it out!

Be very careful when looking at the air direction/rotation Arrows on fans in general. I have recieved many fans that incorrectly showed the opposite rotation. I always look at the fan blades themselves.. (y)It is clear enough to physically observe its actual intended rotation. Easy enough to see direction of air flow. A quick power up before installing it, will always show its airflow direction.
Fan blades are shaped and designed to work in one direction only. RC ESC fans are setup as "pusher fans". Pushing air into and onto the ESC HS.
Just some food for thought.:cool:

Be very careful when looking at the air direction/rotation Arrows on fans in general. I have recieved many fans that incorrectly showed the opposite rotation. I always look at the fan blades themselves.. (y)It is clear enough to physically observe its actual intended rotation. Easy enough to see direction of air flow. A quick power up before installing it, will always show its airflow direction.
Fan blades are shaped and designed to work in one direction only.
Just some food for thought.:cool:
Thank you for heads up.
Observing direction is no problem for me but since it was most likely other way around from the factory I thought its supposed to suck hot air from the ESC as I stated above.

Speaking of which I would actually love to know comparison of the two, just out of curiousity. Another "reason"n to buy the temp gun : )

How many more reasons do you need before getting a temp gun?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back