Tired of Servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have to use a BEC or just connect to receiver.

how long have you had it in your truggy.

All the descriptions for the p2 say 1/8 buggy not truggy and that makes a big difference. the big tires on a truggy are harder to turn so i just want to make sure im not wasting anymore mone.
Not a Waste at all Evo P2 has the Most Torque for the Money Best by Far Running about 4 months No Issues Just Put in 0f place of the Stock One. Its a High Out Put Extreme Servo has just as Much Torque the Savox in an EMaxx all Metal Gearing Selling on EBay.

Not a Waste at all Evo P2 has the Most Torque for the Money Best by Far Running about 4 months No Issues Just Put in 0f place of the Stock One. Its a High Out Put Extreme Servo has just as Much Torque the Savox in an EMaxx all Metal Gearing Selling on EBay.
you running bec or no? what batteries are you using?

I have a kraton and Im tired of buying new expensive servos that don't last but a couple of weeks before giving out. Im to the point now that i am just going to buy a bunch of cheep ones and just keep replacing them. I have spent nearly 300 dollars on servos over the last yr and have not found a good one yet. everyone says get savox. well im done with them. i have had 2 $90+ savox servos and both died with in a few months.

Anyone know of some cheep servos that may at least last 2 months. i would gladly by a bunch of those and just deal with switching them out monthly rather than $90 every 2 months.
I have a kraton and Im tired of buying new expensive servos that don't last but a couple of weeks before giving out. Im to the point now that i am just going to buy a bunch of cheep ones and just keep replacing them. I have spent nearly 300 dollars on servos over the last yr and have not found a good one yet. everyone says get savox. well im done with them. i have had 2 $90+ savox servos and both died with in a few months.

Anyone know of some cheep servos that may at least last 2 months. i would gladly by a bunch of those and just deal with switching them out monthly rather than $90 every 2 months.

I went through severally servos on my Kraton V2 until I changed the mount to stop the flexing, up graded to a savox SW-1210, and adjusted the servo saver. Adjusting the servo savor was key. It was to tight- since then I haven’t replaced my servo and it’s been 4 months. I strongly advise checking to see if the servo savor needs to be adjusted.

A $90 servo is not an expensive unit. Mid range if you ask me. Look at Holmes hobbies shv500 or pro modeler 470. Savox makes a black edition 2270 I think. 700oz of torque at 7.4v. external bec is required with any high torque servo. The exception is the Holmes hobbies shv500v2. It can handle direct to 4s battery.

Tekin has a new programmable servo coming out soon. The savox 2270 black edition has proven to be tough as nails and quiet. I'm not a fan of savox but my buddy trashes servos left and right in his crawlers. When he says a part is tough, you can bet your lunch on it. It is a $160 servo; however.

http://hitecrcd.com/products/servos...hs-645mg-high-torque-metal-gear-servo/product

136_3_HS-645MG_High_Torque_Metal_Gear_Servo-3.jpg

I have had nothing but good performance from the 645, I use them in all my buggies, crawlers, and on-road platforms. You name it, and they keep running strong.
That is my exprience, and they run around 30 dollars at TH, add coupon codes, member e-cash rewards and possibly much cheaper.

On a truggy, its true, heavier tires, but they also absorb alot of the road impact. On a buggy, the poor servo receives all the feedback from the road. Even one of my buggies had a runaway, bent the chassis like a taco, and the Hitec servo still working. On the crawlers, which I did the same thing on the Talion OEM servo, open it up and apply a coat of lacquer nail polish into the servo board, let dry. Then apply a coat on all edges, lid, before closing it and around the bolt holes. Then another cover outside on each edge. If able to remove the top, apply vaseline on the neck of the metal gear inside where it touches out w the top cover. Have done like this and they are 100% waterproof.

* On a side note, make sure there is no binding anywhere and that your servo saver has some give away, not completely locked out. Is the EPA set correctly?

The servo on my Talion, and that thing has been through everything, mud, dirt, construction sites and has never failed.nextPlus_image11_2018_173223.jpg

Last edited:
For my style of driving; 1/8th on-road, off-road, true 1/10 HPI nitro-mini, it sure is more than enough.

I have to set some expo to smooth out the steering and make it less snappy. Am not shooting for any ROAR event any time soon. For you its slow servo, for me so far it works fine. No bragging rights for sure, on the same token all the spec numbers to me is over-rated and really does not do justice to what the servos deliver.

I've use them all along for many years and have not broken one yet on any of my nitro platforms. On the 1/8 on-road is precise, and snappy when need be. The faster the less is needed, have crashed both; the buggies and the on-road one was a runaway and the other the car caught a pebble about 60mph. Bunch of parts replaced, the servos was not one of them.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-.../8919887-good-mid-range-metal-gear-servo.html

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-...0263-good-servo-1-8th-scale-buggy-truggy.html

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...MIs8ybypCc2QIVSi-BCh1Y_QFyEAYYAiABEgJrhvD_BwE
- Tower Hobbies reviews, all in large scale airplanes with two stroke 20 to50cc engines, this is on 80" to 90" wing span airplanes, used mainly in the ailerons which encounter the most stress.

** Does not seem to be for small scale crawlers after all...

Last edited:
Did you mess with your service saver? Are you burning them up or stripping gears?! I have a cheap goteck servo from hobby wing it's not fast by any means and I've been running it for 4 months in the outcast and before that it came out of my slash! What tires are you running?

This servo is pathetic. Will not turn the wheels while the truck is sitting still. The gears are stripped partially. I will verify servo saver is adjusted correctly before I put in the big dog savox 2290. I did just upgrade the steering rack to bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back