Talion Tires and ARRMA’s negligence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the glue come loose? I've had a Backflip tyre rip after nearly half the tyre pulled away from the rim ??

What the hell is with the crappy stock tires?
6S hell yeah!!!! Speed pinion?? Hell yeah again!!!!
What the hell ARRMA!!!!!
Put a tire on that can take the heat right out of the box!!
You owe me new tires.
Did you vent the tires? They really should vent them from the factory, but they don’t.

Stock tires are just fine, even with speed pinion, but they have to be glued. When the 'sound' changes you are in for some replacements if you choose to ignore. Welcome to the cost of speed runs where tires shred frequently and cost increases exponentially.
I thought they are vented by default (inside rim)?? At least mine were...

Stock tires are just fine, even with speed pinion, but they have to be glued. When the 'sound' changes you are in for some replacements if you choose to ignore. Welcome to the cost of speed runs where tires shred frequently and cost increases exponentially.
I thought they are vented by default (inside rim)?? At least mine were...
good stuff all - reading this thread now after putting some upgrades in, order more, and refreshing the fedex overnight.

question: how can i tell if the tires are vented by default, like you said?

Let me guess you blew out a front tire? Diffing out has some nasty side effects.
good stuff all - reading this thread now after putting some upgrades in, order more, and refreshing the fedex overnight.

I am yet to see any company have the tires pre vented, you always have to vent them yourself. Tons of how to's on Youtube.

What the hell is with the crappy stock tires?
6S hell yeah!!!! Speed pinion?? Hell yeah again!!!!
What the hell ARRMA!!!!!
Put a tire on that can take the heat right out of the box!!
You owe me new tires.
Oh! The price of fun!

Venting: Take a look at the inside of the rim, you should see 2 holes 180 deg apart. That is the factory default (Katarr & Backflip) for vented tires. Plenty of reasons why you should close them and make your own on the outside but look for vented tires on the forum. If they are not plugged/taped over the venting issue is not what made your tires blow up.
Tire damage#1: As @slick2500 stated, most likely you are on stock diff fluids and if a front wheel lifts all the power will go to that wheel. That wheel will be stressed (high RPM) and most likely explode. Same is true for all the other ones.
To prevent that issue, change the diff fluids or learn to use the throttle more cautiously.
Tire damage#2: Next possibility is that they became unglued from the rim and as soon as that happens all bets are off for higher speeds (>40mph) as soon as the tires expand they will most likely rip apart without the glue. Simple fix, check prior each run and re-glue with thin CA.
Plenty info on the forum as well. You can tell by the sound when you are driving, distinct different sound when a tire is unglued. Listen to your ARRMA!

If it was fun it was worth it :)
Been there with the wheel-nuts..twice. I made the trip to the LHS and got me a pack. Second go around was therefore a bit easier. In both cases I didn't have enough thread lock on it, now I do it ARRMA style and douse it in that blue stuff ?‍♂️ and still have 2 spares!

Venting: Take a look at the inside of the rim, you should see 2 holes 180 deg apart. That is the factory default (Katarr & Backflip) for vented tires. Plenty of reasons why you should close them and make your own on the outside but look for vented tires on the forum. If they are not plugged/taped over the venting issue is not what made your tires blow up.
Tire damage#1: As @slick2500 stated, most likely you are on stock diff fluids and if a front wheel lifts all the power will go to that wheel. That wheel will be stressed (high RPM) and most likely explode. Same is true for all the other ones.
To prevent that issue, change the diff fluids or learn to use the throttle more cautiously.
Tire damage#2: Next possibility is that they became unglued from the rim and as soon as that happens all bets are off for higher speeds (>40mph) as soon as the tires expand they will most likely rip apart without the glue. Simple fix, check prior each run and re-glue with thin CA.
Plenty info on the forum as well. You can tell by the sound when you are driving, distinct different sound when a tire is unglued. Listen to your ARRMA!

thank you for the awesome reply! will check the tires and make sure I have some glue on hand.

If it was fun it was worth it :)
Been there with the wheel-nuts..twice. I made the trip to the LHS and got me a pack. Second go around was therefore a bit easier. In both cases I didn't have enough thread lock on it, now I do it ARRMA style and douse it in that blue stuff ?‍♂️ and still have 2 spares!
Blue locker
Awesome

Tires are my biggest concern now after all the bullet proofing. Another step.
I have been buying just tires, and mounting myself. Doing the tape job, venting, and with a good CA I am finally happy with results.

Wheel and tire setup is just as important as any other maintenance.

Last edited:
I had this happen promptly after going from 4s to 6s. Granted they are not mean for high-speed asphalt runs but is this something venting could have prevented? At speed the front tires are barely on the ground. Can that be prevented in rear suspension settings? I'm guessing a banded tire in the same scenario would be worse?

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_195951.jpg
    IMG_20200516_195951.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 62
I had this happen promptly after going from 4s to 6s. Granted they are not mean for high-speed asphalt runs but is this something venting could have prevented? At speed the front tires are barely on the ground. Can that be prevented in rear suspension settings? I'm guessing a banded tire in the same scenario would be worse?
A combo of thicker center diff fluid and tire venting would have prevented that. Also maybe a driver upgrade.

I am yet to see any company have the tires pre vented, you always have to vent them yourself. Tons of how to's on Youtube.
I saw one company, Arrma! The Mojave comes with vented tires - I can only hope this is a sign it will be a trend going forward.

(the Kraton 8s was released after the Mojave and the tires are not vented there i believe.. still there is hope..)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back