Tires and Breakage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trout74

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I put MadMax tires on, running the AfroLuchA braces ( they are awesome) and 20T pinion, AVC disabled. Tires are too heavy, broke both rear A Arms on seperate bash session. Went with Duratrax Six Pack X next, and they are flawless! Now just need more speed and 20 Million center diff fluid and were backflipping.

Last edited:
Are those flags there for a slalom run? ?

I see one thing the K8S has in common with the K4S.... ??

Last edited:
Can the chassis touch the ground with the shocks compressed running those big tires? If not, all the stress from the landing is going to the shocks and the arms. You need chassis slap, especially in a truck this heavy.

Are those flags there for a slalom run? ?

I see one thing the K8S has in common with the K4S.... ??
Flags for invisible fence.
Can the chassis touch the ground with the shocks compressed running those big tires? If not, all the stress from the landing is going to the shocks and the arms. You need chassis slap, especially in a truck this heavy.
Yup ? I know. I loved the way they looked, but ended up going with duratrax, I like them too!

Flags for invisible fence.

Yup ? I know. I loved the way they looked, but ended up going with duratrax, I like them too!

Smart move. I definitely think those tires are too tall and it's tranferring more energy to the arms than the stock setup. I've had a few not so great landings and I haven't busted an arm yet. I've seen the big YouTube guys sending theirs and no broken arms their either. The landing where it broke was pretty rough too.

FWIW, my Kraton 4S hasn't broken an arm either. But you can't compare the 8S Kraton to a small little plastic truck. You can beat the crap out of the 3s/4s trucks and they will just take it (except for the driveshafts, lol). It takes a special kind of sh!try driving to repeatedly bust those rigs ?

Smart move. I definitely think those tires are too tall and it's tranferring more energy to the arms than the stock setup. I've had a few not so great landings and I haven't busted an arm yet. I've seen the big YouTube guys sending theirs and no broken arms their either. The landing where it broke was pretty rough too.

FWIW, my Kraton 4S hasn't broken an arm either. But you can't compare the 8S Kraton to a small little plastic truck. You can beat the crap out of the 3s/4s trucks and they will just take it (except for the driveshafts, lol). It takes a special kind of sh!try driving to repeatedly bust those rigs ?
AA3B64AD-D389-4037-87A2-04AC6E40F8E6.jpeg

I agree. My 4s Kraton has been flawless till that break in the video, and I’ve had it since June. Little 4s Kraton and 3s senton are bullet proof!

I agree. My 4s Kraton has been flawless till that break in the video, and I’ve had it since June. Little 4s Kraton and 3s senton are bullet proof!
Depends on who's firing the bullets, right @jondilly1974 ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back