Kraton Tires and Shock Towers Aside, What is the Difference Between a Kraton and Talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
Sitting here sick still waiting on parts in the mail..got me thinking..did some forum searching and some YouTube watching but hadn't seen the question answered in a meaningful way. Got me thinking there isn't much difference.

If you're running the same power system and Low Profile BackFlips on both trucks, what's the difference in performance between the Kraton and Talion? Other than the Kraton has more suspension travel.

Thoughts?

Oh Context:. You already own a SWB truck for stunts, jumps and flips. So Something that can still do most of the off road and handles easier. Something for bobbing and weaving around the field/ park but be able to jump now and again.

DISCLAIMER: There's a Kraton tag only because I can't put both and had to pick one. The Kraton is ~300 cheaper for me since I already got spare electronics to toss in it, but if the Talion is distinct/ superior handling enough then they'll just remain extra

Last edited:
I don't own either, but I don't think you can really set aside the shorter shock towers and shocks. They probably make the most difference. Judging by videos, even if you put bigger tires on a Talion, it still handles differently than a Kraton. Talion is lower, handles better on the ground. Kraton has more ground clearance for rougher off-road, lands jumps with more cushion. Watch a lot of videos of both, judge the difference for yourself, I think the difference in the way they handle becomes pretty obvious.

Having just done a Kraylion conversion I can say the main difference is chassis layout. The talion moves the center diff/motor further back plus the esc. I’m guessing better weight balance. I haven’t had a chance to run it yet

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back